Living Room Update

While we were getting the kitchen re done we thought we would give the living room a bit of a refresh as well. The first time we did our living room was a couple months after moving in over 8 years ago.

I loved our original carpet and that gray couch was so very comfortable it was hard to say goodbye.. but we were ready for some new pieces.




The new space



We replaced the gas fireplace with led candles. While we loved the idea of the fireplace we never really used it, especially since our tv is right above it. We considered installing a mantel and keep the fireplace but because our fireplace is raised and M wanted a big tv the tv would have to touch the ceiling in order to fit a mantel. 


The rug was a Home Goods find. We got the sectional from Wayfair and the curtains  from Amazon. We tried out a multitude of curtains before going with the dark blue ones. 



We switched out dining table from a rectangle to a circle. You can see the old dining table here. We are a family 4 - 6 people depending on if my in laws are living with us. So how to we figure out how big a table we need? 


OBVIOUSLY! 



We ordered the table - mango wood - from Zin Home. It wasn't a brand we had ever heard of but the first table we order was cancelled as it went out of stock. And all the other tables we liked were backordered till August. This one was set to arrive early April.. though it also got delayed and ended up being delivered mid of May. 

The chairs we ordered separately from Wayfair. The chair legs were originally a light brown so we spray painted them gold.



There are still a few little DIY's we want to do. Like paint the black planter in the corner near the fireplace. I know exactly what I want to do with it.. and thought I would do it over the summer but so far the summer has been busy. We also might want to refresh the blue skinny table behind the sofa. Which we had originally DIY'ed but I think it maybe needs a fresh coat of paint, maybe a new color? 

Till then we are currently enjoying the new space. 

 
                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. It looks fabulous, fresh and very inviting, Hena!
    I love it that you sprayed the chair legs gold, and I'm taking note of your way of figuring out how big your table should be! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice refresh! The dark blue curtains were definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's all a great new look! The dark curtains coordinate perfectly with the rug and I like the idea of a round dining table. I enjoy seeing real life "do-overs" like this. (my degree was in design, but I always preferred drafting to decorating)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the classic combination of deep blue and gold - you definitely chose the right curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely new space, we are also attached to our old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!!!!! Love the colors! Nice work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like the new living room space, it's more cozy I think. And I really like blue in the home. There's something so lovely about it. The rug is nice, and Home Goods is one of the best places to find unique things. The pillows and throws add a special touch too. It looks great! The dark wood on your table is also nice. I've always loved the dark wood furniture.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you just need a refresh. The living room is looking nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely and so comfortable for family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks stylish and lovely. That is one BIG TV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice! I love the couch and chair fabrics,
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice refurnishing of your house. Years ago we had a grey sectional like yours, and finally did replace it as you did. I've heard that many household goods and furnishings are hard to find these days. Good that you received what you ordered.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE how you figured out how big a table to get. It turned out great (and I like that little skinny table---definitely just refresh it!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow loving the updates to the living room. The dark couch contrasting the pop of color with the yellow and love how you spray panted the chairs. Wow, kudos to you!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your living room looks so comfortable and inviting! I really love the color scheme and patterns. I would have went with the candles too over the fireplace! So romantic!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a clean interiour, not to much stuff in it. Yours is lovely and feels very relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The living room looks amazing, Hena!
    Everything matches so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys are rockstars when it comes to decor! Love the new rug and what a brilliant idea to paint the chair legs.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all that you guys did....the new space is awesome, and that circular table...two thumbs up:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That really looks good. I love how the blue chairs match with the blue curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking good! Now that is a family sized couch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your living room look amazing. I like new floor and combination of yellow and deep blue is so beautiful. Also that huge windows are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all of your changes especially that beautiful rug!

    ReplyDelete
  24. a beautiful refresh! I love the round table and that new area rug. It just changes the whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing. Looks so stunning. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how your curtains match the new rug. It looks great! We have been in our house for 2 years and still have a folding table in our dining area. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks like a brand new house with all your tweaks. I especially like the blue colors you added in the living room. A smaller table is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks wonderful! The colorful rug makes a great statement. I like how you measured for a table size - very clever! And the chairs look terrific with the legs spray-painted. Enjoy your refreshed space!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely refresh- I dig all the color here! And great call spray painting the chair legs gold; I did this with a bench for our living room and it looks so much more modern!

    I've got a new post up, hope you'll swing by!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks beautiful! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your living room looks wonderful. Love your new rug.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. It looks incredible! I love the color and the modern vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It all looks so nice! Love those blue chairs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography