Family Room: Places to Sit and a Rug

I have been meaning to update everyone on how our family room is coming along.. but as you can imagine I have been pressed for time and finding the perfect sofa, rug, curtains has been not easy.




We bought a new grey sectional. The black leather sofa we already owned and thought it went nicely with the space and color palette. The rug was far more tricky.. the size we were looking for was larger than the standard thus harder to find in the price range we were comfortable with. While we loved the feel of our old shag rug it was not kid friendly. So we searched and searched till we found something we could agree upon.

Our next task curtains! Even harder than the rug. We bought several colors to try out what we liked and didn't, should we go pattern or plain.. we have found a winner thank god but have yet to put them up.. hopefully a task for the coming weekend..

Then we need to:
Mount the TV above the fireplace
Buy a few pieces of furniture like a sofa/console table
Some pillows for the sofa and the floor to make a cozy little nook in the empty right hand corner
Then art on the walls..

For those of you who don't remember the ugly before and you can see the whole process here



Comments

  1. Very nice. I love the sectional!
    Renovations start here in the Spring (lovely word lol). I'm determind to buy a new sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.
      ah dreaming of spring..
      here's to new sofa's :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a difference. I love the rug and furniture and the lightness of the room. Beautiful job you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love that sofa, where is it from? we desperately need something like that.

    http://semiweeklyeats.blogspot.com/2014/02/takeout-experiment-2-pork-bun.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gray sofa! Love it. It's a great color and it's so big. Your family room is coming along really nicely. Thanks for the update.

    Visiting today from Blogging Buddies,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the grey sectional - a lot a lot! Great work so far. The rug is lovely. I like that you went with painting the brick white, that gives it a nice update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. we're very happy with it

      Delete
  6. It looks terrific, Hena. I love the rug and the new sectional too. The whole room looks fresh now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks SO good! I love the mint walls and the pretty rug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, very relaxing! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hena!!!
    Now your family room is wonderful!!!!
    It looks so fresh, it's an amazing room to stay!
    I really like it! Thumb up!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that rug!!! Everything seems to be coming together rather well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving it! From the brick wall, sofas and rug :). I love it how it's really spacious - the space is really breathing :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's coming along so nicely! I love the new sofa and the rug. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an amazing transformation! It looks so bright and roomy in there, and I love the rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.. we love coming home to it everyday

      Delete
  15. Oh my gosh I am in LOVE with that room! I need to come visit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how cheery and roomy it looks. Great job!
    Happy Wednesday, Hena!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the room is great. The patterned rug makes it nice and lived in. As for the curtains, I'd leave the window unadorned because it's big and lets a lot of light. Whatever you decide, it will definitely be looking fantastic. xxx

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. we'd love to go curtain free but the afternoon sun that pours in is very intense making it hard to sit there

      Delete
  18. Looks like a big and wonderful room. I love the rug!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that rug! The colors are so pretty.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like everything is coming together. I love how light and large the room looks compared to the before pic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks good. Job well done

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks fab, very specious and I LOVE that rug!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography