lately - social distancing
So after a week of social distancing I am happy to report to say we are all good.
The kids had a week of remote learning. Thank God for the internet, WIFI and Google Classroom. It made the whole process so much easier for the 4th grader and while school work is easier for the Kindergartner.. with so many apps and games but it is much harder to keep him focused and on task. But by the end of the week we had gotten a better hang of the whole situation.. phew.
M has been working from home as well.. we have turned off all alarms.. we have always been morning people so we're up between 8am - 9am.. have breakfast as a family. Before he used to leave just when we were starting to wake up.. with just enough time for a quick good bye.
If you are looking for ways to help there are some great charities out there that need all the help they can get. No Kid Hungry and Feeding America are two I like.
The kids had a week of remote learning. Thank God for the internet, WIFI and Google Classroom. It made the whole process so much easier for the 4th grader and while school work is easier for the Kindergartner.. with so many apps and games but it is much harder to keep him focused and on task. But by the end of the week we had gotten a better hang of the whole situation.. phew.
M has been working from home as well.. we have turned off all alarms.. we have always been morning people so we're up between 8am - 9am.. have breakfast as a family. Before he used to leave just when we were starting to wake up.. with just enough time for a quick good bye.
Before M used to get home after 7pm.. followed by a quick dinner and bed time.. now he wraps up before 6pm. With the weather warming up M and the boys play outside.. (I sprained my knee so no playing for me)
With no alarms everyday is a movie night or game night..
They kids are also reading (the libraries have also closed - i don't know what we are going to do without the books) We are working on puzzles.. and making crafts..
And while I now have no me time.. unfortunately I am not filling my days with Netflix and books.. It has been an interesting experience. We are not on each others nerves just yet.. we are getting the family time we always talk about but never have time for.
Do not get me wrong I am not taking the virus lightly.. we are just trying to stay sane in confinement. We want nothing more than this horrendous situation done with.. M and I read the news and watch the videos and try not to freak out.. we are trying to make this abnormal situation as normal as possible.
If you are looking for ways to help there are some great charities out there that need all the help they can get. No Kid Hungry and Feeding America are two I like.



Comments
Have a great day
Stay healthy and safe <3
www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/
Jennifer
Effortlessly Sophisticated
I love what you are doing as a family.
Take care.
And we are joining you in staying home and safe.
We homeschool, so not much has changed there.
But we are slowing down too.
I hope you and your lovely family stay safe, cozy, and healthy.
Looks like lots of fun activities at your house. I hope you heal quickly and can join in the outside fun soon. My morning walks (in the rain today) help me stay sane. ;)
You are living and doing what all Americans should be doing now.
Staying in - doing homework - loving family time - and social distancing.
I have a teenager here so it has been nearly impossible to do this. I am doing it for what good that does - and no one is coming in, but his girlfriend (??) but I don't feel we are doing a great job like you.
Congrats.
Thank God for the internet, WIFI and Google Classroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.rdsobsessions.com
~Sheri
*I hope your knee is feeling better.
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
OXOX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
I do hope your poor knee is better soon.
Stay safe, my friend.
Sxx
daringcoco.com
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
But yeah....not having to wake up early means movie nights! Yay:)
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
JIll - Doused in Pink
your boys bedroom are adorable!!!
Take care!
galerafashion.com
Hope that you had a great weekend! :) We had a quiet one at home of course!
Away From Blue
-Didier
www.didieryhc.com