lately - injury edition

Remember my little tumble on the stairs.. well as you know I didn't get to rest a lot and while I tried to sneak in a little rest here and there why ankle still hurts.. and now the pain has started to radiate throughout my leg.. there should be a rule against mom's being sick/hurt! So three weeks after the initial injury I limped on over to meet with an orthopedic doctor.. meet my latest stylish accessory


and thanks to Mr. AirCast I can not fit into any of my boots or cute shoes..! Four more weeks the doctor said :( 

Don't start to feel bad for me just yet.. it gets better! While M was picking D up from somewhere he spotted a friend and while waving to him he managed to poke himself in the eye.. Now try waving and see how hard it is to poke yourself in the eye..not easy. I just have a really talented husband. :)
Eye drops and a little drops seemed like the solution.. but when he woke up the next morning he was still in pain. So off to the ER... again


This was before we bought the eye patch.. putting that scarf to good use. So now since my man's depth perception was all wonky my sprained ankle drove him to the ER and did all the things I was not supposed to do while resting! A few days his eye got better phew and I could go back to putting my leg up on the weekend and resting.. 

But how dare I?  M decided his ankle now too hurt.. and I'm not saying he's lying or pretending.. why would he right? Right? But a phantom pain arrived and while he powered on and continued to let me take it easy.. weekends only since on the weekdays M of course has to go to work and involve me shuttling D around to his classes and then some.. and let's not even get started on H.. terrible two's have officially arrived!


And while all this is going down our master bedroom and bath are still under renovations, we had moved into the guest bedroom with all our belongings and disassembled furniture placed in various rooms.. then while the master bedroom was 70% complete the contractor wanted to start working on the guest bedroom simultaneously.. so we moved more furniture and more of our belongings into D and H's rooms and moved into D's room for what felt like indoor camping..? A glimpse of the chaos we call life right now..


and then our house was hit with the flu! sick babies anyone? and then bit and pieces of their flu ended up in M and I..


just in time for Storm Jonas to strike.. 30 inches of snow.. unbelievable. And not a single able body in the house to play in all that snow.. 2016 has been off to a rocky start. 


       
                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. I have an air cast like that, which I never used much because it didn't really help. And now it won't hold air. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That is terrible! I am so sorry for you all being injured and trapped in the house! Drink lots of hot chocolate, watch lots of movies, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I hope everyone recovers fast! Sending you, the hubby and the kiddos quick healing vibes. XOXO
    PS Not gonna lie....that story about your husband poking his eye while waving just made me LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, when it rains, it pours! Isn't that always the way? I'm sorry life is so crazy for you all at the moment. Yikes. I really hope everyone feels better soon and you can at least get the bedrooms back in order. Mom needs to rest, badly. Take care of yourselves. I hope life is back to normal very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Jennifer said above actually had popped into my head as I read your post. What is with sprained ankle this January? I'm so sorry you and your husband have hurt ankles and everyone got sick w/the flu on top of construction musical chairs and dust. Please you all get well soon. And treat yourselves once the drama is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you guys have a speedy discovery, and stay safe from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! You guys are a mess! Of course it's not funny, but your recount of it all was. The family that gets hurt together....I hope you all get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, who is going to shovel all that snow? Hope you all recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang, I'm hoping things turn for the better for you guys. What luck. I can't imagine poking yourself in the eye. I mean, I've poked my husband in the eye by accident before, but luckily not as hard. Hope your leg starts feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray that everyone recovers fast! I am wondering too - who's going to shovel all that snow!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. good golly! That is not a very good week. I hope your ankle is healing quickly and your husband's eye is as good as new. I dread the flu, luckily we do not have little ones in the house so maybe I will have less of a chance of catching it?!? Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. goodness! y'all are falling apart over there. here's to hoping no more accidents, injuries to sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get well soon dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel better soon! I'm sure every mom would agree with "there should be a rule against mom's being sick/hurt!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, you all seem to be falling apart. I hope February brings better times to your home. What a way to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. aaaww.. so sorry to hear it's been a rocky start!!
    things can only look up! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes, you've had a rough few weeks. Here's to things getting back to normal quickly. But I think you''ll be stuck with the terrible twos for a while yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear you're both injured - though I love how you still opted to wear pretty, glittered gold shoes with your leg cast on - haha, brilliant! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness, I hope you both feel better!!

    http://www.footnotesandfinds.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. sending you all good vibes!

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sorry that you are (probably) feeling so beat-up right now. Perhaps, the peace of a snowy day is just what you need to get in some solid healing time? If I may, I would also reach out to those for whom you know will love on you. Be well!

    Leonardo @ U.S. Healthworks Medical Group

    ReplyDelete
  22. thats sad dear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography