Rio

I have always been a fan of animated movies.. My Little Mermaid, Lion King, Finding Nemo but once you have a kid and you are already watching cartoon all day the last thing you want to do is wind down at the end of the day and watch yet another cartoon.

My mother owns a parrot so when the movie Rio came out she was one of the first people in the theater, dragging my father with her to watch the parrot-tastic flick and she raved about it for days to come. So when I say it was on TV I seized the moment and dvred it immediately. Something to share with D.


The movie is adorable, the colors vibrant, the characters engaging and D is officially hooked. At first he could only sit through the first 20-30 minutes at a time.. then lose interest. But he liked it enough to make me play it more than once a day. Now, he can sit through the entire movie.. wide eyed and mouth open when he isn't acting out bits and pieces and he still insists on watching it multiple times..! 



Have you seen Rio? Jesse Eisenberg voices the lead Blu and is perfect as 'the nerd bird'. The cast includes Anne Hathaway, George Lopez, Jamie Fox, Will.I.Am, Tracey Morgan and Leslie Mann just to name a few.   

A few of my favorite quotes:
Blu: Not all birds fly! There are ostriches... 
Jewel: You are NOT an ostrich! 

Blu: Well... not technically.  


Jewel: Blu, you're flying! 
Blu: Yeah! Woohoo! I'm flying! I'm really flying! You're right! I'm not an ostrich! I'm not an ostrich! 



Blu: This is the coolest place I've ever seen! You know, despite the obvious health code violations! 
Rafael: Ha-ha! I like you, nothing you say makes any sense! 




Pedro: You got pigeon dodo on your nose. 
Blu: Oh no no, this is just SPF three thousand. 



Nigel: I poop on people and I blame it on seagulls. 


Pedro: Yippie-ki-yay, monkey-man! 


Blu: Ah! This is the life. The perfect marshmallow-to-cocoa ratio. 

Our (EARN) Indiegogo campaign is live I need your help to spread the word . Contribute, Share, Tweet, tell your friends.. anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated. CAMPAIGN

Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information




Comments

  1. Sounds like a cute movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute movie. We were looking for the case last night because my kids never want to put the dvd back in the case!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bad is it that I've never even heard of it? Maybe it means my kids are growing up and I don't pay attention to these types of movies now. Or maybe my Mom took them! Who knows! Looks cute.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still yet to see it, I think I started watching it once with friends but got distracted and never saw the rest. Looks great though, and I love the vibrant colours in the pics. Maybe a movie to watch this weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen it, but the students in my class have talked about it the over the last year or so. I tend to turn my nose up at cartoon movies when they first come out, but once I see one, I love it. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that movie!

    http://fashionroll.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have not seen this movie, it makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that movie! And animated movies in general ;)


    If you like it, follow my new up and coming blog on Bloglovin'. Let me know in the comments, so that I can follow you back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a parrot and I've been meaning to watch this! Now I have no excuse NOT to ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to watch this movie....looks like a lot of fun! Can't go wrong with a bunch of talking parrots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This movie is so cute I need to get it on dvd. The animation is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute post !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography