life lately

Hello everyone.. hope you are all enjoying your July so far. Ours has been super busy. We are officially into our third week of summer and it has either been scorching hot or raining. We have not done many.. or in fact any summer activities. We have had a full house.. my in laws are here, my parents are here, my sis in law and family are flying in later this week. Plus I have a dozen more family members flying in. They will be staying at my great aunt's house..best aunt ever!

Why you ask? 

Well just like a Jewish bar mitzvah we too have a ceremony marking a child's man or womanhood once they reach puberty. And well D is now a man. So everyone is coming to celebrate. We are having two parties.. one of a more religious nature and one will be held in our backyard.. pray we don't get rain.. it has been quite rainy. 

So I have been in full planning mode. I will post pics afterwards.. 

In other news M's finger is healing nicely. He has started playing cricket again, which he is enthused about.

D started driving!!


We also had an appointment with D's eye doc.. for those not in the know two years ago D lost most of his vision in his left eye due to a parasitical infection. As of December his vision was 20/200 and now as of June his vision is 20/80. Which is just wow! I know many of you have been praying for him and we thank you.. thank you so much. 


H just wrapped up a week of basketball camp and then will do a week of robotics camp later in the month. 

M and D went to watch a FIFA game



Beckham was in the box above them.. the kid had no idea who Beckham was.. lol.

The weekend of the fourth came around and while there is not a lot to love about this country right now.. I still feel love for the American's out in the streets fighting and protesting for a better America. I still feel the love for the kind people I meet in my everyday life who do not care about the color of my skin.. I especially love all of you readers who I believe represent what this country, what this world could be, should be. 

So instead of celebrating the country it has become we gathered with family and celebrate the country that was promised.. land of the free; all men (AND WOMEN) created equal. 



On the third we visited a local park to watch their fireworks as well but were interrupted by blowing winds and thundering rain. It was just 15 minutes from our home but on the way back we encountered many downed trees and wires and had to take more than a few detours in order to find our way back home. 



Thankfully, we did not lose power like many in our area but we were internet-less for a full 24 hours. How did we survive? 

I may be a little less regular around here... be well my friends. 


                                Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Redbubble           Zazzle 

Comments

  1. So glad to hear D's eye is healing up. Such a strange affliction. And wow, you're got all the visitors. It's great to see so much family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been raining here most of the time and it's kind of discouraging. Summer plans have been put on hold. Congrats to D. Have a beautiful ceremony.

    Annie,
    Annies Food Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the ceremony? I am not familiar with it. Also can't believe he didn't know who Beckham was 😭

    Jennifer
    https://curatedbyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had a very busy summer so far indeed.
    Congratulations to D. on having become a man and even starting to drive. And I'm so pleased to hear about his vision!
    I might not be American but I'm definitely hearing you on celebrating the country that was promised rather than what it has become! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe he is driving, where does time go!! I am praying for good weather for your celebrations and D is on my daily prayer list, such good news about his vision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to hear D's eye is regaining vision. Prayers answered. Also happy to hear M's thumb is healing well. I hope the weather cooperates with you, and you have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really happy to hear your son's eye is healing well. That's wonderful news! We've had a lot of rain this spring/summer too, but I'm hoping your outdoor party goes off without a hitch. How fun to see a match in person (and see David Beckham up close!) Enjoy all your company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7/13/2026

    Love this recap. May the blessings continue.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Storms, parties, good news on the eyes, too. What a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Other than the rain it sounds like it's been a great summer so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so wonderful to read about D's eye! And yay for getting to drive. How wonderful to have the whole family coming to celebrate him. I hope the weather holds out for your party. That storm sounds wild. Thankfully we hadn't had many like that this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, he's driving. How does that make you feel, that he's growing up so fast? That is wild weather, to dodge downed trees so close to home. Here where I live downed trees are very common and so are wind and rain storms but nothing extreme usually. OUr weather has not been extreme so far this summer, which is terrific, today mid 80's but its been in high 70's. Its wonderful your large family is arriving to celebrate with D him becoming a man. Have a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your summer sounds incredibly busy, but a GOOD busy! I'm glad M is back to what he loves to do and yay for D! Driving, his eyesight, and his "coming of age"! Enjoy all the family and take lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you've been busy. Congrats to D! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really happy to hear that D's eye is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one full house! It sounds like you'll need a break afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    Yippee, what good news regarding D's eyes. I love all the celebrations for him coming of age. I am excited to hear more about it.
    Take Care of you during this busy summer too. It all goes so fast.
    xo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  18. That storm looks crazy! Glad you weren't without power!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such wonderful new regarding D's eye, I'm so pleased for him. Coming of age is great thing in your culture. Many people in your house, nice that they could come and hoping all goes well and no rain. That sounds like a bad storm there you had.
    Take care and see you when you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is so heartening to hear that D's eye is recovering so well. Congratulations for his coming of age. It's lovely to have family and friends gather, but it's a lot of work, especially if they're staying with you.
    Your weather has been quite extreme - slightly cooler and much drier would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your life sounds crazy busy right now, but in the best way. Would love to know what D thought when he found out who Beckham is.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope all of your events and planning goes well and the weather allows you to enjoy a great party. :) Thanks for visiting my list recently. :) Enjoy the rest of July!

    ReplyDelete
  23. D is learning to drive already??? WOW Also I am so glad his vision is improving! Have fun with the families.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck to D for learning how to drive and so glad to hear his eyesight is improving again! Hope you'll have a wonderful ceremony and a great rest of July.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We've had all the rain and heat back and forth this summer as well! Glad that D's vision is getting better and how wonderful for all the family coming in to celebrate. We had World Cup games here in Kansas City where I live, but I didn't try to go to any. Hope you continue to have a nice July!
    https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2026/07/10/review-howliday-inn-the-graphic-novel-bunnicula-2-by-james-howe-andrew-donkin-and-stephen-gilpin-illustrator/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous7/14/2026

    It is a big year for D! So glad his vision is improving in that eye. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like July has started well, funny the kid not knowing who Beckham was, teaching someone to drive can be stressful I hope all goes well for D in his learning to drive

    ReplyDelete
  28. I’m so happy to read that D’s vision is improving! Continue enjoying the summer Hena.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my, driving now. That was surely a nervous time for me as a mom, as I took my son out to practice driving. I'm glad to hear his vision is getting better. The fireworks display looks wonderful, and those sparklers are just plain fun. Enjoy your family time together!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow driving, that is a big deal, and I hope that the celebration with family goes well too and you don't have any bad weather, especially like you had to deal with on the 3rd, wow that looks awful, so glad you didn't lose electricity. I get a lot done when the internet isn't working :) We didn't go to the fireworks, it was so HOT and I don't do well in the heat.
    That's neat the guys were able to go to the game, so neat to be that close to Beckham too :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You certainly have a lot to celebrate! Congratulations on D becoming a man, getting his driving license and the improvement on his eye. Have a wonderful time with your extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's wonderful that D's eyes are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow sounds like you have been super busy! Hope D's vision improves! Sending you best wishes in these troubling times.
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  34. How nice to get the whole family together to celebrate, especially with the good news about D's eye.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. How exciting to be celebrating D with all your family! Glad his eye is doing so much better,

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's such great news about D's eye. And wow he's driving now.

    ReplyDelete
  37. it is wonderful to have the family together, that sure is a full house!! our weather has been the same, no surprise, we live close to each other. all of a sudden, we have been home a bit more, it's just been too hot to enjoy much of the summer festivals we usually enjoy!! congrats to d...i really can't believe how the boys have grown up. has it really been that long??

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely photos -- cute of the sprinklers and fireworks. I hope you have a nice family visit ... that's a lot of relatives in one place! I really hope D's eyesight can improve. I will be thinking of him. And I agree ... we must push for a better and more hopeful USA ... and get that regime outta there! Wishing you a happy summer ... and hopefully you won't get all that smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I couldn't celebrate this year. I love the ideals of America, but I'm not happy with the people running things right now. Congratulations to your son! I'm so glad his vision has improved so much.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats to D! I'm so happy to hear that his vision is better!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Scorching or raining has been the case here, too, which is very unusual for our summers. Usually it's just scorching - lol! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun this summer so far.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I haven't stopped by in a bit (have not done much blog visiting - sigh) but so excited to read about the major improvement in D's eyesight! That is wonderful. And just in time to become a driver:) Congrats on my driver in the family!! I hope you enjoyed your celebrations for him and all the time with family!! Happy July to you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  43. That's great news his eye is on the mend. I hope he has some safe and exciting travel adventures now that he is driving! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great news that D is driving - less work for you. I'm happy to hear D's vision is improving. I've had poor vision most of my life (I think currently 3/200). Up to now able to be corrected by glasses, so all I have to do is take them off and I'm in another world I know others live in 24/7. That's quite the gathering and I thank everyone who still has faith that my country will find its way back to sanity. I'd love to know more about your culture's adulthood ceremony. I grew up in New York City, where so many cultures blend and live side by side. How can we not celebrate that?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such good news to hear about your son's eye, and exciting that your eldest is driving! My, you've had the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Have fun with the parties.
    That's a strong storm to blow down trees and power lines.

    ReplyDelete
  47. FIFA has been all over my feed lately. Glad you got to go and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Anonymous7/19/2026

    I feel like our summer has flown by too! You have had quite a lot of family in town! It is something when they start to drive!! Both of mine are driving now.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. That is incredible damage from the storm just 15 minutes from your home. Glad you got home safely and didn't sustain any damage.
    So, so, so happy that your son's vision is improving. Prayers answered. Hope it continues to improve. Congratulations on having another driver in the house!!
    We have been watching the World Cup games with some enthusiasm. It must have been very exciting to be in a stadium watching a game live...and having Beckham right above you!!
    Congratulations to your son for stepping into adulthood. May God bless him always.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Bei euch ist im Moment wirklich jede Menge los! Da kann ich gut verstehen, dass der Blog ein wenig warten muss. Solche Familienfeste sind etwas Besonderes und bleiben lange in Erinnerung.

    Am meisten hat mich die Nachricht über Ds Auge gefreut. Was für eine wunderbare Entwicklung! Von Herzen wünsche ich ihm, dass sich seine Sehkraft weiter verbessert. Das muss für euch als Familie eine große Erleichterung sein.

    Ich musste auch über den Satz schmunzeln, dass D zwar ein FIFA-Spiel besucht hat, aber gar nicht wusste, wer David Beckham ist. Daran merkt man, wie schnell sich die Zeiten ändern.

    Ich wünsche euch schöne Feierlichkeiten, hoffentlich mit trockenem Wetter, und danach wieder etwas mehr Ruhe. Genießt die gemeinsame Zeit mit eurer großen Familie.

    Herzliche Grüße
    Anette

    ReplyDelete
  51. I've been a little MIA lately with two trips but I'm back home today! Hope all the celebrations are fun and you enjoy all the time with your family. D is driving! Congrats to him. I felt like I got a lot of gray hair when my kids started driving, lol. I like the ideas behind your 4th of July celebration. It's a wonderful sentiment and I hope more people think the same way than don't. Soooo happy to hear about D's eye! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow, your summer break starts so late - when do the kids go back in the fall? I grew up in Minnesota so we were out the first week of June and went back after Labor Day. Here we get out at the end of May and go back the second week (teachers) and third week (students) of August.

    There's so much to celebrate! How wonderful to have family coming to celebrate D. I can't believe he is now driving! Though, my own munchkin just turned thirteen and I am in shock about that as well. Excellent news about his eye as well, so much ot be thankful for.

    I also struggled with the 4th this year. It has always been my favorite holiday but the last decade has been hard - how do you celebrate a country that is getting so much wrong? Please know that I will always use the unearned privilege of my skin color to protect and speak up for those not afforded the same, in a country that promised equality for all <3

    ReplyDelete
  53. I don't know how I missed this one! Congratulations to D! That sounds like a very major event in one's life and it's exciting. You have had fun -- and lots to keep you busy! The FIFA game would be great (not heard of Beckham!!!) and I love how you celebrated the Fourth. Three cheers for the eye and eye doc appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  54. May you ride all life's storms safely. So happy to know your son's eyesight has shown such marked improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Having a full houseful like that during chaotic weather is enough to drive anyone up the wall, though celebrating D's big milestone makes every single bit of stress worth it. That vision recovery jump to 20/80 is pure brilliant news, honestly made my whole day reading that part. Chuckled at the kids missing who Beckham was, classic youngster behavior right there. Fingers crossed your backyard shindig stays bone dry, plus surviving a day sans internet proves you folks can weather pretty much anything thrown your way.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I hope your parties went well for your young man. It's crazy when they start to drive, isn't it? It's nice though! It must be a lot to have so many people visiting but it's also lovely to get that family time. It looks like you all were having some good times. The FIFA game must have been a highlight (and seeing Beckham!). That is awesome about D's vision improving so much. I felt the same way about celebrating the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  57. There is a lot to celebrate in not only your life, but the country. Skin color does not matter to the majority of people in this country on both sides of the political aisle despite what the media will tell you. Generally, 90% of the population is kind and generous, it is just the fringes that get all the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  58. wonderful that your son eyes healing well....
    have a nice party

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography