lately
We have been busy.. and I have very few pictures to show for it.
To begin.. the Rangers lost in the semi finals.. and I have a house full of disappointed boys. :(
My cousin graduated med school last week. She is originally from California so my aunt and uncle flew out for the big day.. my great aunt and uncle also joined in the festivities from Pennsylvania. We had dinner with the family in New York and then later in the week they all came to my house and we had a lovely (take out) dinner together. I especially enjoy watching my kids connect with our more distant relatives.
We also had a BBQ with some friends we hadn't met in over four years and reconnected like no time had passed. That I feel is the sign of a good friendship.
This weekend the boys were both staying at a friends house so M and I went out for burgers and then again out for breakfast. I don't think not having the kids in the house changed things much except that it was much quieter.
On Sunday they both returned.. we ended the week with a game of Scrabble with H beating us.
BBQ'ed
and made smores. If you have an Aldi near you I suggest you pick these cookies up. They are great on their own but made the best smores.
With only a few weeks of school left I am shopping for teachers gifts..
I found these cute tote bags, will add a candy bar and a gift card.. wrap it with a ribbon and I think we should be good. Any teachers reading? What are/were your favorite teacher gifts?

Comments
Love scrabble, many hours playing that in the past.
The food does look good.
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!
Loving those tote bags! xxx
Carla
I like the tote bags, here bags like this are used as school library bags
I'm sorry the Rangers didn't make it all the way.
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
It's been a long time since I last played Scrabble.
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
~Sheri
~Sheri
http://www.couture-case.com/
I think those bags are brilliant and make such a nice gift for a teacher.
All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/
It's great you reconnected with your friends.
I agree it's a sign of true friendship when you can just pick up where things left off.
In our country, we don't really do teachers gifts. Our students typically buy us gifts on 8th of March, that's the International Women's Day. However, this means that male teachers get left out and this isn't very fair.
I love these teacher gift ideas.
Those tote bags are adorable.
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/
Hope you guys are having a fun start to summer!
-Ashley
https://lestylorouge.com/