H Turns 10
H celebrated his 10th birthday this week. The week unfortunately was full of hiccups. :(
Every year we order an undecorated Wegmans birthday cake and then decorate it ourselves. He ordered a vanilla cake with a lemon custard filling.
The brownie came out skinny.. yummy but skinny and if it was just I'd say hell with it but we had people coming over so in the morning I baked another skinny brownie and turned it into a brownie cake? I made some funfetti frosting well it was what it was. I'll share a picture.. but first the party.
Above is my brownie concoction which we cut and served in the evening when we had some family come over.
He turned 10 on Tuesday.. being a school day we kept it simple and went out for an early dinner.. restaurant of his choice, Cheesecake Factory.
On Wednesday H got braces and was miserable all day.
Thursday was fine.
Friday he threw up in school, in the school parking lot and again at home. More misery for the birthday boy. He did muster up enough strength to sit at the kitchen counter and observe me decorate his birthday cake.
The zhuzhed up version. The party was going to be held at a monster mini golf place hence the monsters and eyeballs.
Later we were having family over for dinner and H insisted he want to serve brownies with dinner. Insisted he wanted to make them from scratch and they must included chopped up Halloween candy. He was too sick to help so it fell upon me to make the brownies. I must say I am not always the best baker.. I prefer approximations than exact measurements which sometimes trips me up.
The brownie came out skinny.. yummy but skinny and if it was just I'd say hell with it but we had people coming over so in the morning I baked another skinny brownie and turned it into a brownie cake? I made some funfetti frosting well it was what it was. I'll share a picture.. but first the party.
We had it at an indoor mini golf place. It was a breeze. We had to do almost nothing. Two girls were the hosts and they pretty much ran the whole thing.

Comments
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
I'm sorry it was a bumpy week but I'm glad to hear he felt a little better in time for his party.
The brownie cake looks good to me.
Wishing you good health, laughter and fun in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
Shauna
www.lipglossandlace.net
Sorry you weren't feeling well.
XOOX
Jodie
S
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
all the best for him
Happy New Year to you.
~Sheri
Wonderful party