lately
How are we all doing? Where has time flown by? Farewell summer (I am happy to say mainly because it has been just so so hot), hope you all had a good one. And hello September, which of course means back to school.
They are three days in at this point and D has homework every single day. Even the weekend. I am not a big fan of enormous amounts of homework especially on the weekend. H on the other hand had no homework and I wished his teacher had at least given him something. Never satisfied are we?
This has been quite the summer.. we started it off with our trip to Switzerland and wrapped it up with a trip to California.. but more on that soon.
We went to an Ed Sheeran concert.. fun fact. This was collectively our first concert ever! I have been to local bands playing but a full flown blown concert.. never. D not a lover.. H can't wait for his next one.
Both boys will do there regular sports this year, D wants to join the chess club as well (he has developed a sudden and intense interest in it this past year) There is also a podcasting club (new) and I am pushing him into trying it out.
This has been quite the summer.. we started it off with our trip to Switzerland and wrapped it up with a trip to California.. but more on that soon.
When we weren't traveling
The boys were playing tennis with their favorite coach. This was also H's last year taking summer swim lessons.
We spent some time in our local Six Flags..
I also dabbled in crochet. I bought this little guy on TEMU and my God it is hard! That stupid magic ring took me forever.. I watched multiple youtube videos. I think I have gotten a hang of it now.. though don't look too closely I'm sure my stitches are wonky. The other day I learned how to add color. So yea! A strange thing though.. I am a lefty (but also quite ambidextrous due to old ladies telling my I'll burn in hell for using my left hand when I was little), but for some reason I have found myself crocheting with my right hand.. I hadn't even realized it until yesterday. Is that normal?
The rest of the summer was spent watching movies and just laying about and reading. It was too hot or too rainy to spend much time outdoors.




Comments
I crochet, have done for years and taught myself.
The best way I feel is to learn how to do the granny squares first, then when you have mastered that, then do something small - just a thought.
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
I like Ed Sherran too, I bet that was a neat concert. I have only been to one myself, not big on loud things, hurts my ears.
That is funny about your crocheting, my daughter is a lefty too, and when we went to take classes on crochet when she was younger the lady was right handed and so my daughter just naturally followed what she did with her right hand and still does it that way now, guess that is something you can do either way. My girlfriend was left handed and she also crocheted with her left, so it can go either way.
I hope the boys have a great school year!
PS Yay that you're crocheting now:) Have you tried knitting? :D
Shauna
www.lipglossandlace.net
Hope the boys have a great year in school .
Thanks for visiting blogginboutbooks.com!
Well done with the crochet, it took me years to learn! xxx
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
OOXX
Jodie
Great post
Really great post. Beautiful photos! it was a successful summer, I wish everyone a wonderful September and a beautiful autumn :)
Greetings from Poland!
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/09/how-to-style-draped-sleeve-line-sweetheart-tulle-wedding-dress-for-christmas.html
I hope the boys have a successful new school year.
All the best Jan
Check out my new post:
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/09/the-perfect-pairing-of-purple-lace-dress-for-fall-wedding.html
Good luck
Y'all had such great fun this summer (love the pix) and I hope the boys have a great time at school this year!
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
I once tried to crochet a doll, but because of a mistake somewhere, I had to disassemble and re-knit it three or four times, which made me very anxious,LOL~
backpacks for school