Read Across America
Last week was Read Across America week.
H's elementary school celebrated by getting a book vending machine. I cannot imagine anything cooler than this. Your teacher may award you with a coin for any sort of good behavior and then you get a free book!
He dressed up as Narwhal and his trusty sidekick Jelly from Ben Clanton's adorable books.. I highly recommend them. Not only did the kids love them but I loved reading them
Diary of a Wimpy Kid series created by author and cartoonist Jeff Kinney - because of the comedy
Last Kids on Earth series by author Max Brallier - beaucase of the adventure
They also had a 'dress like your favorite book character day'
Speaking of kids books I thought I'd share some books recommended by the kids
H's current faves are
Last Kids on Earth series by author Max Brallier - beaucase of the adventure
he is a man of many words as you can see.. he actually is.. no mute button on this kid but he was not interested in my questions.
D's current favs are
Everything Rick Riordan especially the Percy Jackson series - because of the adventure and Percy's bravery.
Mastermind series by author Gordon Korman - beaucase of the plot twists and cliffhangers
Land of Stories by author Chris Colfer - because it's a great fake reality to go to and forget about everything else.

Comments
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
Shauna
www.lipglossandlace.net
OXOX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Janet
www.rediscoveringmstyle.com
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
I loved reading when I was a kid.
Happy Tuesday, Hena.
Have a great week,
S
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/
Jill - Doused in Pink
During lockdown I used to leave a box of books on the drive with a sign for passers-by to help themselves, they'd often leave books they'd finished in return. I'd go insane if I didn't have access to books! xxx