lately
Summer break has come to an end and we wrapped up our month long whirlwind adventure. I have got so much to share with you all but before we get to that I want to share with you what's going on right now.
Last Sunday we got home, late, jet lagged after a 10 hour flight, kids in a sleepy daze to discover that our refrigerator was broken. Insert horror movie scream here. Thankfully the refrigerator had been mostly empty but the freezer was not and oh the smell. M and I spent an extra hour trying to will the refrigerator back to life, along with Googling and disposing of the food in the freezer. We arrived in the midst of a 3 day weekend so no help was to be found.. and did I mention the smell.
On Monday we Googled some more and tired some DIY tricks to get the refrigerator back in action. It almost even worked.. it cooled for a couple of hours and then went back to dead. All the while unpacking, laundry and getting the kids ready for their first day of school.
Tuesday everyone went back to real life minus a functioning refrigerator that is.
This one is off to 7th grade if you can believe it!
This little dude is a 3rd grader and pulled out his own tooth on the second day of school.
Wednesday the refrigerator repairman came.. thank God. And while he did fix it.. he way way over charged us. But we.. I was desperate. And now we are trying to file a complaint with LG (after going back and forth with them they agreed to refund of us some of the bill). I spent the rest of the afternoon deep cleaning the refrigerator. Fun. While the smell has gone way way down there is still a smell.. very light. I have tried baking soda, vinegar, coffee grounds and charcoal yet nothing has eliminated the odor completely. Any tips?
Thursday I finally went grocery shopping.. but first some self care. I got a massage. :)
Thankfully the rest of the week went by smoothly, more unpacking.. getting used to the new school routine (jet lag has been handy as everyone is up even before the alarm rings)... some time with friends on the weekend.
My in laws arrive today from my sister in laws house in Houston.. they live with us on and off. I am in charge of their healthcare so lots of doctors visits in the future also meaning lot of waiting room reading (gotta look for the positives in life). Summer is officially over as we get back to the grind, already plotting our next adventure.
Comments
Good luck with the smell from the refrigerator. You have tried everything I would suggest.
I hope your boys have a great school year!
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
Those boys sure are growing up!!
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
Love the first day of school pictures and a massage sounds lovely.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
I wonder if lime + baking soda helps. Sprinkle baking soda on a cut lime and rub it all over the surfaces of the fridge.
Hugs and blessings, Hena 💛💚💙
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
I hope you have a less hectic week, and do something just for yourself. I just thought about LEMON for the smell in your fridge. Lemon always has a way of making things cleaner. Keep us updated and what you used.
~Sheri
I cannot believe your kids are 7 and 3 grade!! Gracious, they grow so fast!!