Mother's Day

We are still getting back into the rhythm of things after Ramadan. We had two more Eid Celebrations to attend before the week was over. I am ready to go back to a normal routine.

My usual expectations for Mother's Day are low. Not to say that my family ruins it or anything.. but we are generally low key people and sometimes things are so busy.. like they were this past week that we just treat it like a normal day and just everyone just says the words 'Happy Mother's Day' a then we just go about our day. 



I have jokingly and seriously told my kids several times the above. Drawing made by @coupdegracefarris It's not all about the Hallmark sponsored idea of cards and flowers, it's more about brushing your teeth when I ask you, a cleanish bedroom, a dinner that did not involve any negations and so on so forth. 

Anyway.. back to the day at hand. On Saturday night they took me out for dinner. The weather has been absolutely dreadful and the restaurant was dark so we didn't take any pictures but we did come home with three desserts. Then watched some of Avengers - Civil War in our pjs. They kids are watching all the Marvel movies in order. 


They next morning I was presented with H's drawing of us hugging. His teacher asked him to describe me in 3 words. His words of choice. Chubby. Squishy. Huggable. lol.


And M bought me some very serious looking compression sock massager things.. another lol. Well at least they had me laughing. In his defense I do have RLS and have been having a really hard time sleeping these days.. It's like those husband who buy their wives toasters for their anniversary because they really needed a toaster. But if it helps me sleep then I'll take it.




Then they made me breakfast. :) 

My own mother is currently traipsing around Turkey and my MIL is getting ready to board a plan and come to our home for a visit.


But it's important to remember everyone does not look forward to Mother's Day.. it's a complicated day for many.

Drawing made by @coupdegracefarris

A shout out to all the women in our lives who loved us!

Before you leave.. here's a link to a clip of the show The Middle. They had a funny episode about Mother's Day vs Father's Day. The whole episode was good but this little clip gives you the gist of it. 
      
                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. Happy Mother’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I hope you had a good one!

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty sophisticated breakfast for the boys to have made you -- nice! I love H's drawings and M's compression socks. Do they really help RLS? Is there medication for that? I don't know a lot about it but I do know some people who have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day, Hena! And no, it doesn't have to involve any over the top celebrations. Just and ordinary day with a couple of treats sounds nice! Love H's drawing and those sock massager thingies made me laugh. Although, as a fellow sufferer of RLS, please do let us know if they are any help! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day!!!! Looks like a perfect celebration for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boys are so thoughtful. :) You'll have to let us know if the compression boots help any. They look like they'd feel good anyway!

    I'm one of those who'd just as soon skip the day, but I'm still a good sport about it. I heard from all three of my children yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5/09/2022

    Kids are the best artists. All children draw. And then they stop because they think they cannot draw like "real artists."

    Your family loves you so much. They take their MD celebration cue from you, thereby giving you what you really and truly want. That's love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're very low key about Mother's day around here too. I had a quiet one. That breakfast looked good and made with love! The weather was so awful on Saturday, I didn't leave the house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the images of your kids in the kitchen.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how thoughtful these gifts were! What a wonderful weekend. That drawing is so special.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like your family really made your Mother's Day special. H's drawing and description of you is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a great Mother's Day and get some of your wishes this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my friends always said she wanted a hotel room alone on Mother's Day. It's funny because you blog so much about your family, that I would never have thought there were many negotiations and such, haha. But kids are kids, right??
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems like they treated you very well! The boys look so intent preparing breakfast! I love the video clip - it was hilariously accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Mother's Day! Loved the Middle video. So true and funny.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Autumn had a dance competition early on Mother's Day, so yeah... pretty much a regular day! But, we did go out to dinner at a seafood restaurant, so that was nice! Practical gifts are the best! Happy Mother's Day!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The drawing is sweet and your Mother's Day breakfast looks yum!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely thoughtful post Hena. Your boys certainly look as if they enjoyed spoiling you. That clip is so funny, and probably very true for many families!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Mother's day to you!! looks like you had a great day with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Mother's Day Hena! Eid Mubarak <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you had a great mother's day surrounded by your loved ones!
    Have a great day and don't miss my Postcards from Philadelphia post ;)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Mothers Day. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had a pretty lowkey Mother's Day too. Those photos of your boys cooking you breakfast are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day! I was very spoiled with lots of presents - both boys drew pictures for me and bought me little things at the Mother's day stall at school, and I got a handbag I'd asked hubby for too! :)

    Hope you are having a good weekend. It's another rainy day here!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  27. The drawing is a treasure. I hope you keep that forever. Such a sweet thing that your boys made you breakfast. I remember all those breakfasts in bed throughout the years. I hope your Mother returns home safe from Turkey. Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a nice Mama's day you had. I am totally, "leave me alone and I don't want to have to cook." We had leftovers from The Kebab Shop and I saw on the couch and watched Disney+ and knitted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography