lately
What has been going on?
We have been living in chaos. We are getting our kitchen remolded. While this was something we had wanted to do when we first saw the house it was something that we just weren't mentally ready for. We have redone practically every room in the house as you can see here (the link is missing a couple of renovations so I should probably work on that) We have been in this house for over eight years now and have been talking about redoing the kitchen on and off for a couple of years. But it seemed too stressful an endeavor.
We have been living in chaos. We are getting our kitchen remolded. While this was something we had wanted to do when we first saw the house it was something that we just weren't mentally ready for. We have redone practically every room in the house as you can see here (the link is missing a couple of renovations so I should probably work on that) We have been in this house for over eight years now and have been talking about redoing the kitchen on and off for a couple of years. But it seemed too stressful an endeavor.
Our house was built in the 1970 and this was the original kitchen and it was begging to be torn down. The dishwasher only washed sometimes. The stove only heated up in special sections. The floor was bubbling and I can go on. Work started towards the end of January and we are finally towards the tail end of it now. Finally.
M's office is currently our kitchen/office/mudroom/pantry. This is what is started out looking like.. now it is just pure craziness.
We also spent the last couple of months buying things.. new dishwasher, new stove, new flooring and it is mind boggling. There are too many options, too many reviews and I wanted to be transported to the olden times were you walk into the department store and just buy one. No reviews to mess with your brain.
M and I went to Radio City for the Hasan Minhaj show. It was great. He had a lot of personal elements in it, about infertility and racism and it felt very brave. Afterwards we grabbed some dinner at The Elgin. Everything was extremely salty.
I am also working on a new diamond painting. I finished my first one last year. I don't know if I shared the final product but it is hanging in the guest bedroom. I just couldn't get rid of the glare!
My mom loved it so much she ordered one for herself before she realized that she couldn't see the numbers and the colors were to similar for her to distinguish between. So I am doing it for her.
Comments
have a great week,
S
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
You make a good point about reviews messing with your head.
I felt overwhelmed just shopping for a crock pot. Imagining an entire kitchen remodel, y'all deserve a month's vacation.
I can't wait to see a few pictures of your kitchen. The kitchen is the most used room in a house. I have a small one, but it's functional.
~Sheri
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Yours looks awesome, Hena.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
To answer your question, the Isopure protein is plant based and vegan.
How cool to see a show at Radio City! It feels good to be able to go out again without as many covid fears.
It's nice that you are completing the diamond painting for your mother and I imagine it is relaxing to see work on it. Your completed one is beautiful!
Hope that your week is going well! Another stormy day here.
Away From The Blue
But I can't wait to see the kitchen finished!!
OXOX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
Corinne x
https://skinnedcartree.com
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
Marie
https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/
i LOVE going to radio city but the city itself has been a real challenge and a little scarey!!
i have heard of diamond painting, yours is beautiful!!
PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
♥ | INSTAGRAM