The Kids Favorite Books
Nothing makes me happier than knowing that I am raising readers. Our initial IKEA spice racks/bookshelves in the boys room were starting to over flow with books to the point that we bought them bookshelves last month.
We as a family are still reading The American Story by David Rubenstein and just finished the chapter on Hamilton.. now we are ready to watch the show!
While I always talk about what I'm reading I thought I'd share with you what the kids are reading right now as well as some of their favorite books.
And we have also started as a family to read Harry Potter..
H is currently reading (with my help) his way through some of the Bad Kitty books by Nick Bruel.
When asked - here are H's Top 3 Books
1. The Nahrwal Books by Ben Clanton - His exact words "They are funny. It was so funny when the sea monkey said 789. I liked Narwhal, they are very funny. They have 9 foot long tooth coming out of their forehead." I second his sentiments.. these are the funniest, cutest books and my 10 year will also agree. He always joins us at story time if we are reading the Narwhal books.
2. The Book with No Pictures by B.J Novak - "It's very funny and the person reading it has to say words that don't even make any sense. And in the book it says my best friend is a hippo named boo boo butt!!" This gem is written by The Office's B.J Novak. It is genius.
3. I Love My Hat by Douglas Florian - "It's funny because it has silly rhymes and in the book it says nice underwear big brown bear." Obviously just saying the word underwear gets a huge laugh in my home.
Here's are D's favorites
The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan - "They were very realistic. I felt like I was Percy. I got to go on so many adventures with him. I loved when he killed the flying pig in the fifth book which was my favorite. It was called the Last Olympian. I am currently rereading the series a third time"
The Super Life of Ben Braver by Marcus Emerson - "I like it because even though Ben Braver had no special powers he still manages to defeat an enormous earth worm"
Poplar Wood by E.E Ormsbee - "This book was very interesting. One character banished himself and it was so weird because they didn't have to banish themselves. They all lived in the same house but they couldn't see each other. When the kids went outside the house they could see each other. And they needed to solve a mystery to be able to see there parents again." I don't know if you understood any of that.. I didn't.. even though he spent a lot of time trying to explain it to me.









Comments
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
Have a happy Monday<3
http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/
And I love how they were explained....
XOOX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
Jill - Doused in Pink
1. the Magisterium series by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare - a middle grade series my kid says is like The Last Airbender (My kids watched the whole, epic animation on Netflix),
2. the Bad series by Pseudonymous Bosch b/c she loved his Secret series (book one's title is "The Name of this Book is Secret) and both of these series are middle grade,
&
3. City Spies by James Ponti - saw it advertised and it's a spy/espionage, middle grade tale.
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
Have a good rest of the week. Almost August, oh my!
~Sheri
We need more bookshelves too, I'm guilty of buying too many books for them, can never resist getting a few more at the opshops whenever we visit. I picked up two today for 50 cents as they were on special! :)
Hope that you are having a nice week and have a lovely weekend ahead of you :)
Away From Blue