Sea World, Orlando

Our last day in Orlando was spent at Sea World. The park was a mix of highs and lows.. but at the end of the day how could you not leave happy after seeing whales and dolphins. This was another cold day.. it was a bit disappointing to leave the snowy Jersey weather and fly down to the Sunshine State only to be cold and in our winter jackets!

We started the day off with some pictures with Shamu..


Our first stop was at the Turtle Trek.. we were not exactly sure what to expect.. we walked by Manatee's and Turtles.. until we got to a round room with a round 360 degree dome ceiling.. there was no place to sit.. everyone was to simply stand and wear their 3D glasses.. what began was the tale of one little sea turtle emerging from its egg and onto an epic journey through the sea, the challenges it faces as it grows and makes its way back to the beach it hatched on. It was amazing.. I have no words to describe the awe we all felt. 

Next we hurried over to the Dolphin Theater to catch the next Blue Horizon's Show. We sat in the wet zone with our poncho's on ready to get wet but thank god only got a little splashed on.. The Blue Horizon's show was what I assumed supposed to be a dolphin show.. it was so much more than that.. it was a musical, a love story, an acrobatic spectacular with dolphins and parrots that left us amazed.. pictures can not do justice ..


D wasn't tall enough to meet the height requirement for any of the rides so my parent's volunteered to watch the boys while M and I sat on a few.. we didn't.. turns out The Journey to Atlantis and the Kraken.. which looked like a lot of fun were both temporarily closed because of some technical difficulties.. which made the lines for Antarctica Empire of the Penguin unbelievably long.. the Sea Lion and Otter Theater was also closed so we moved on to the Sky Tower. Similar to Legoland's Island in the Sky.. the Sky Tower is a 400 feet high tower that gives you a 360 degree birds eye view of the entire park.

We were now ready for lunch.. we ate at Mango Joes's Burgers just before running in to grab a seat in the Shamu Stadium to watch the One Ocean Show. We were late.. there were hardly any seats left except for those in the splash zone..


The One Ocean Show was all about the Killer Whales and they are such show offs! They were dazzling and we were soaked!



The Wild Arctic was yet another thing D could not sit on. So we headed towards Shamu's Happy Harbor. D was able to enjoy some of the more kid friendly rides.. and we took a few too many rides on Shamu's Express.. a cute little roller coaster


and while D enjoyed the Net Climb.. four story high nets linked together with a series of tunnels.. he loved it.. he loved it so much he didn't notice us leave to finally get a chance to sit on a roller coaster.. he loved it so much when we returned he made me go through it with him to show me just how awesome it is.. made me realize how old I am.. i couldn't get out fast enough.




Since the moment we entered the park M was obsessed with the Manta ride.. it was the one ride he really wanted to sit on so he and I headed that way.. stood in the long line and by the time it came to get on I was starting to feel queasy.. you ride the ride as if you were a real manta.. meaning face down.


The moment they strapped us in and flipped us over I started to pray, seriously. The ride was mindblowingly awesome.. I had my eyes closed the whole time so I have no idea what happened.. but M had his open and he said we grazed the water.. he had a wet knee to prove it..

All in all even with all the rides closed and so many things D couldn't sit on.. the whales and dolphins made it worth it.. the turtle trek and the manta.. it all made it a perfect end to a great vacation. Heading home with wonderful memories and stories to tell.

Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman for riding that roller coaster! I was never a coaster junkie to begin with, ever since having kids, I stay away from them completely. I am so much more susceptible to dizziness now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a good day:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That net climb looks like lots of fun. The coaster might be a bit to much action for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go to Sea World someday. I really appreciate your attitude, Hena. You always seem to make the best of every adventure with your family and your boys will learn that from you. I love that photo of you, pretty lady. Thanks for sharing the rest of your family trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Sea World San Diego umpteenth years ago and had a wonderful time there. I had a picture taken with Shamu too!

    Lovely photos as always, Hena.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a blast! I love the aquariums like this because the animals are so amazing and we don't get to see them in their habitat. I'm with you on the turtles...sea turtles are a fave of mine.
    SoCal has yet to have winter...next time you'll have to do DisneyLAND and what not in LA. It was almost 90 today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, it looks like the kiddos are having such fun. You guys are seriously owning spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids would seriously love this place. We need to go to Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun day all in all. The last ride looks like a ton of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! The Net Climb looks really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Disneyworld, Lego Land, and Sea World! You're living the vacation of my dreams. I think it goes without saying that kids add a bit more stress and ups and downs, especially when on vacation, but it looks like you're having yourselves a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw I loved taking my kids to Sea World--it was their favorite vacation spot in CA . . . other than the beach itself (we don't have beaches in CO). What fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I've never been to Orlando and would love to visit it one time! The photos you took look like you all had such a lovely time. I'm so happy for you! xx

    You can find me on Facebook for more regular updates:
    https://www.facebook.com/StyleAt30

    Follow me on www.STYLEAT30.com | #styleat30travels

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like your family always has so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like everyone had a great time! Love the photos. Family vacations are the best for making memories.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a time you had there. There is definitely lots of eye candy at Sea World. We went to the San Diego site. My favorite part was feeding the sea lions stinky fish. I was disappointed though with the whale and dolphin shows. I think the music bored me. I like learning about the animals and was used to that at the Six Flags in Vallejo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. how fun!! haven't been there in years!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography