Date Night

We don't do it often enough.. we have never used a babysitter.. so when any of our parents are visiting we try to squeeze in a date night or two.. catch a movie, get a massage or dinner for two. It's always initially weird like something is missing.. we don't seem to know what do do with ourselves. No one to feed, to take to the potty, no one to entertain but ourselves. Just us.. him and I.. we can finish a sentence without interference, we can hear each other speak, no one to shush... we had our last one a month or so ago.. what we hardly ever remember to do during all the sneaking out of the house before D spots us is take a picture of just us.. him and I. In fact it's something we forget to do even when we go out as a family.. it is usually him or I taking the picture.. and if we do by some miracle happen to both be in the same photograph.. together there is always a child in the mix.. we need to start taking more.. at least one picture of just him and I during any outing.. here's one we did manage to take during our last date..


Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information


Comments

  1. Date night...I feel like I don't even know what that means anymore! It's great that you and your husband got to go out. It's important. And that photo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I'm so glad you were able to have a date night! :-) They're SO important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Date night is important. Beautiful picture of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo! I'm so glad you two had a good night out together. It's very important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - date nights are so wonderful. We're the same though - we don't have them often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful is that picture.
    so nice that you managed to have some time alone.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) such a warm pic of you and yours!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great point, Hena. You two are such a beautiful pair! You will be happy to have all these date pics when you are old together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be so difficult to get alone time but it's so important for you two. It's a lovely picture :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two look amazing together. I hope you have many more date nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. and what an adorable picture it is! I'm so glad you guys snuck out. Chris and I haven't in a while with his overtime going on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a handsome couple. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous couple! We've been enjoying more date nights lately but I remember how few and far between those treasured dates were when the boys were little.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah yes alone time and together time can be hard to come by, but rest assured time flies so enjoy the little one now. Cute photos too!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you got a night out together. That photo is gorgeous!! Framer, for sure. I think the first time Chris and I went out after kids, all we did was talk about the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice! It's easy to forget to take pictures - we do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I pretty much just posted about the exact same thing, haha us mommies think alike!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  18. remembering to take photos on date nights is a good idea! i don't have kids yet, but we still don't take nearly enough photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7/25/2014

    Yay for date night and getting a photo of the two of you! My husband and I try to go out at least once a month and it's always a treat. Your photography work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. As much as we love the little dears, it's nice to get away from them every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw this is cute! It's good that you guys get some time to yourselves now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Date nights are sooooo important to a family. Good for you two for getting one in. Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography