The Food of Ramadan
There we have it, Ramadan has come and gone and it almost flew right by with the exception of a few days when we though it would never end. (Most of us have been fasting even before we hit puberty.. our first fast being around the age of 6 or 7, some even younger) The first day was difficult.. as in I think I might die of starvation. After those first two days things got much better and I was in the mood to cook. M felt that after a long day of fasting dinner should be something special, like a reward.
Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information.
So we feasted. We added a glass of juice and finished the night with fruit or ice cream.
But as days went on my enthusiasm started to falter. It wasn't the hunger that was my problem is was mainly the lack of caffeine.. so I cooked some days and then days came were I went back to simpler meals and even leftovers camouflaged as new.
By the time we were into week three and especially week four, the finish line was within reach but the lack of sleep was catching up with us and we were just tired. In case you are wondering how sleep has anything to do with fasting.. well. We would wake up at 4am to have something for breakfast.. around 5am we would get up again for morning prayers.. and then the cherry on the sundae was that D would wake up around 6am.
By the time that last few days rolled around food, especially cooking food was the last thing on my mind.. but we enjoyed the yummy food while it lasted.
We devoured stuffed chicken breasts and corn, roasted vegetable rice and cheese stuffed jalapenos, chili burger and oven baked steak fries, grilled chicken and vegetables, stacked roasted vegetable enchiladas and a veggie pizza.
Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information.
| Click here to vote |
Comments
xO!
www.thehautecookie.com
I would have failed miserably.
m.
P.S The food looks so yummy :)
Merrily Merrily,
Nini
http://ninilopette.blogspot.com
xo TJ
At least you had delicious foods at night and were able to wake up early enough to have some coffee. :)
Thanks for sharing - I liked this post!
http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk
xo TJ