Istanbul: Day One

We arrived a little after noon and since it was time to check in just yet we decided to take a stroll and eat a light lunch. We found Albura Kathisma. The complimentary balloon like bread with olives, a grilled cheese salad for me and a spinach crepe for M. 




Then we continued our stroll headed towards the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia




Unfortunately, with the blessing of travel also comes the chance of becoming jaded.. and I am sad to say that we are jaded. Standing inside two of what are to be some of the most beautiful mosques in the world.. we looked at each other and thought.. hmm nice. Did You Know: The Blue Mosque was the inspiration for the building of Mohammad Ali's Mosque in Cairo. They were built by the same architect.

Next stop.. the Basilica Cistern


Followed by a dessert break.. how could we not? The beautiful and delicious, creamy white and green pistachio rice pudding.. We found this treat at the Hafiz Mustafa sweet shop on our way to the Grand Bazaar.



After perusing the many many pretty things.. we headed back towards the Blue Mosque area and slipped into one of the side streets for dinner. We ate at the Mozaik Restaurant.. a delectable lamb and vegetables cooked in parchment for me and a lamb and plum stew for M.




Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information


Comments

  1. All that food looks so delicious - you're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the food in this post! You ate well in Istanbul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the food all looks so glorious! You're making me miss it for sure. We actually didn't go the the Cistern, hope it was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pictures. Albura Kathisma looks so so delicious!! Istanbul is a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful architecture and food! I know how easy it is to become jaded.. it's usually when you're on overload. You so so many beautiful things that you can't just focus on the wonder of one or two things. You become complacent. Good thing you have these terrific photos. I'm drooling over that dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous shots
    Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photographs!

    My eyes became larger when I saw the pistachio rice pudding. Its on my grocery list, and my thoughts in a bowl that big.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/20/2013

    ohh grilled cheese salad??? OMG mmmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh the FOOD! Must you tease me!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at grilled cheese salad!!
    Turkey is on my bucket list. The Blue Mosque is so beautiful in pictures, I must see it some day. And NOW, the grilled cheese salad? I'll have to live vicariously through you until I get there...someday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, the food! Looks insanely good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing food and gorgeous locations. I think I need to travel with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that pudding and those locations Dear. Hope you had good time there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!!!
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
    You made my day!
    I want to visit Instabul!
    It looks special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'd love to visit istanbul! and it looks like you're having such a good time there! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography