It's Been Five Year's - M and I

It has been a wonderful five years since M and I married..we celebrated our fifth anniversary over the weekend. We were engaged for three years before that so we have know each other for eight years..eight years.. wow. What about the time before we got engaged you ask? Well here's a little something you didn't know. M and I are a product of an arranged marriage.. I know it sounds archaic but not only is it working (pretty awesomely) I must add, for us as well as for so many other people out there.

So this is how it happened, in a nut shell. His aunt knew my mom, she arranged for us to meet at her place. My mom, his mom, his aunt and M and I sat in a room. They talked, we didn't and it was over. I moved on with my life and he his. A month later my mother get's a call. M wants to take me out for coffee.. so we go out, we talk, well I do most of the talking, he's the silent type. I'm in art school, he's an accountant, an auditor he clarifies.. I don't know the difference. It has something to do with numbers right? He drops me back home and within a few hours we get another phone call. He's interested if I am. We go out one or two more times and we are engaged. Romantic I know.

He worked in Singapore and then moved to New York, so the three years of our engagement consisted of phone calls, e mails and a lot of long distance drama. We were working with an eleven hour time difference which didn't help matters. I would share pictures but I can not seem to find any?!

And then came the wedding.. our weddings usually last over a week. There are many events, lots of outfit changes and bright colors..





It's only been five years yet we have loved so much, grown so much and learnt so much. We have traveled and explored and most importantly created a family.


Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information


 

Comments

  1. WOW!! you guys make an awesome couple!! love the pictures!

    Congratulations on the half a century and wish u alot alot alot more years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the personal post- this stuff fascinates me. One of my favorite movies is 'Arranged'- such a cute movie that puts real-life insight to this. And it may have been arranged, but it sounds like your mom and his aunt just set you up :)

    You wedding pictures are gorgeous- I've always been a little jealous of your culture's wedding traditions- the rich, bright colors, the henna, the festivities- so gorgeous!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.. our weddings really are an art form. My brother is getting married in the summer.. I'll be sure to blog about behind the scene's fun

      Delete
  3. awe gorgeous couple and now family! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment! These photos are beautiful...

    <3 Aimee
    DIY Blog: www.swellmayde.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely <3
    beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing! Congrats :D
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jumana A12/17/2012

    great story. I love finding out how people got together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful story and such a beautiful family!!
    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, what gorgeous photos! Congratulations on 5 (8!) wonderful years together! Here's to many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! What a great story and your outfits are GORGEOUS. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet... Such beautiful photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! You two lovebirds look so happy together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful story! And a lovely family. Love is love is love. And, I'm so happy that you two are so lucky to have found each other, however it came about!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I am blessed to have been by yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. we're thankful to have found each other too

      Delete
  15. Happy Anniversary!!! What a sweet story! The pictures are gorgeous and you two look so happy together. :-)

    Thank you for your sweet words on my blog about my girls. I truly appreciate it.

    Have a lovely week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, that's so beautiful!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hena you looked gorgeous in all your pics!! What a beautiful story. God bless your family x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! You were a BEAUTIFUL bride and you make a beautiful couple! It is obvious that there is much love between the two of you. And, your story actually is kind of romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Congratulations! Your story is lovely! :) So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a great story!! Your family is beautiful! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that's so beautiful! You guys look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!! You are a lovely couple!
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  24. How gorgeous! Love these photographs!
    And congrats on the 5 years :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful photos and I loved reading what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your wedding must have been beautiful!!! Oh your dresses look gorgeous! I love the red one! I've heard of arranged marriages where the two people barely know each other, at least you guys had the 3 years of engagement!

    Happy 5 years!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Hena! Your wedding pictures are gorgeous...I got the chance to spend some time in India a couple years ago and through my journeys met some truly wonderful people. One of the people I met was a girl my age who was entering into an arranged marriage. I have to admit before I met her, I thought of the idea of arranged marriages as a bit archaic. But after she told me about how it all worked and her feelings towards the arrangement, I began to respect the idea and even admire it. What a beautiful idea that one's family knows one so completely that they can help pick out that person's life partner! Having such strong ties to one's family members is many times an unfamiliar thing in the United States...
    The best of luck to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah.. family does play a very important role in our life..

      Delete
  28. Such a beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography