It's Been Five Year's - M and I
It has been a wonderful five years since M and I married..we celebrated our fifth anniversary over the weekend. We were engaged for three years before that so we have know each other for eight years..eight years.. wow. What about the time before we got engaged you ask? Well here's a little something you didn't know. M and I are a product of an arranged marriage.. I know it sounds archaic but not only is it working (pretty awesomely) I must add, for us as well as for so many other people out there.
So this is how it happened, in a nut shell. His aunt knew my mom, she arranged for us to meet at her place. My mom, his mom, his aunt and M and I sat in a room. They talked, we didn't and it was over. I moved on with my life and he his. A month later my mother get's a call. M wants to take me out for coffee.. so we go out, we talk, well I do most of the talking, he's the silent type. I'm in art school, he's an accountant, an auditor he clarifies.. I don't know the difference. It has something to do with numbers right? He drops me back home and within a few hours we get another phone call. He's interested if I am. We go out one or two more times and we are engaged. Romantic I know.
He worked in Singapore and then moved to New York, so the three years of our engagement consisted of phone calls, e mails and a lot of long distance drama. We were working with an eleven hour time difference which didn't help matters. I would share pictures but I can not seem to find any?!
And then came the wedding.. our weddings usually last over a week. There are many events, lots of outfit changes and bright colors..
It's only been five years yet we have loved so much, grown so much and learnt so much. We have traveled and explored and most importantly created a family.
Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information.
So this is how it happened, in a nut shell. His aunt knew my mom, she arranged for us to meet at her place. My mom, his mom, his aunt and M and I sat in a room. They talked, we didn't and it was over. I moved on with my life and he his. A month later my mother get's a call. M wants to take me out for coffee.. so we go out, we talk, well I do most of the talking, he's the silent type. I'm in art school, he's an accountant, an auditor he clarifies.. I don't know the difference. It has something to do with numbers right? He drops me back home and within a few hours we get another phone call. He's interested if I am. We go out one or two more times and we are engaged. Romantic I know.
He worked in Singapore and then moved to New York, so the three years of our engagement consisted of phone calls, e mails and a lot of long distance drama. We were working with an eleven hour time difference which didn't help matters. I would share pictures but I can not seem to find any?!
And then came the wedding.. our weddings usually last over a week. There are many events, lots of outfit changes and bright colors..
It's only been five years yet we have loved so much, grown so much and learnt so much. We have traveled and explored and most importantly created a family.
Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information.




Comments
Congratulations on the half a century and wish u alot alot alot more years. :)
You wedding pictures are gorgeous- I've always been a little jealous of your culture's wedding traditions- the rich, bright colors, the henna, the festivities- so gorgeous!
Congrats!
www.thehautecookie.com
<3 Aimee
DIY Blog: www.swellmayde.com
beautiful pics
xoxo
novelstyle.blogspot.com
XO,
Zhanna
www.lifeandbows.com
Thank you for your sweet words on my blog about my girls. I truly appreciate it.
Have a lovely week!
Blessings,
Jill
SDMxx
www.daringcoco.com
LA By Diana Live Magazine
/Avy
http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com
♥
And congrats on the 5 years :)
xo TJ
Happy 5 years!!! =)
The best of luck to all three of you!