The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
Synopsis - With the discovery of a murder at an abandoned construction site, Will Trent of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation is brought in on a case that becomes much more dangerous when the dead man is identified as an ex-cop. Studying the body, Sara Linton—the GBI’s newest medical examiner and Will’s lover—realizes that the extensive blood loss didn't belong to the corpse. Sure enough, bloody footprints leading away from the scene indicate there is another victim—a woman—who has vanished . . . and who will die soon if she isn’t found. But the worst is yet to come. Evidence soon links Will’s troubled past to the case . . . and the consequences will tear through his life with the force of a tornado, wreaking havoc for Will and everyone around him, including his colleagues, family, friends—and even the suspects he pursues.
My Thoughts - This was my sixth Karin Slaughter book, all part of the Will Trent series. I don't think I have ever read so many book written by one author. Not counting my teenage years of reading Sweet Valley High books sigh. I am a huge fan of her books. I have only read the Will Trent books and he is such a wonderfully flawed character. The books are based in Atlanta and spare no gory details. The crimes are really horrific and are not meant for the lighthearted. This story was no different. It was utterly unpredictable and I can't really say anything without giving it away. If crime books are your thing then I'd say you really must give Ms. Slaughters books a read. Start with Triptych her first one of the series.

Comments
Jadieegosh Instagram
I have shied away from who done it books as I often figure out the plot long before the end and then I get annoyed. I figured out Gone Girl about half way through and then hated the book after that.
I also figured out In The Woods by Tana French so I kinda stopped after that.
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Yeah, Aquaman had a lot of I guess you would call CGI? I liked the sea life though and was surprised Nicole Kidman was in the movie.
So you have a late spring break like us too? I am so ready but our week is slowly filling up with things to do.
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
PS I loved the Sweet Valley High series! Did u watch the show?
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
XOOX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
Thanks for the recommendation, Hena.
www.fashionradi.com
Have a nice week
xoxox,
CC
Sxx
daringcoco.com
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
Jill - Doused in Pink
Have a great day! xx
La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/
Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram