Trip to the Strip - Vegas Getaway

I know I've been a little MIA, well after our big birthday getaway my brother, sis in law and little baby visited, sis in law and baby are still here and my mom is visiting too. And with all the beautiful weather we had been having over the weekend, it felt like a crime to stay indoors. 

Getting back to our trip.. yay! Can't believe it's already been two weeks since we came back. Unlike last year when we stayed local and just stayed away for a day this year we decided to stay away a little longer and go away a little farther. We don't drink or gamble so why Vegas? We didn't want to go anywhere where we'd think 'aw if only the boys were here' and we don't like to go to the same place twice (with few exceptions) so Vegas seemed like the obvious choice.

We flew in late morning and dropped our bags off at the hotel. We stayed at Treasure Island, a good hotel, not as fancy as some of the others and a little off center but it did the job. We weren't there for the hotel, but we did have a great view.


We started our day with walking down the strip towards Gordon Ramsey's Burgr


 This is by far the best hot dog I have ever eaten.. ever! And M was pretty happy with his burger too


We walked around for a little while trying to burn off that lunch and made our way back to the hotel to check in. We had reservations for an early dinner.


This is my attempt at an outfit picture. I give props to all my fashion blogger friends, it is so much harder than it looks.

We ate at Beauty and Essex. It was in Cosmopolitan. The restaurant as a pawn shop front. 



The restaurant entrance is through an incognito back door.. can be easily mistaken for supply closet and inside is this beautiful space. Frames make up the walls, gold chains dangling.. I can not explain who beautiful and creative this place was..  The food was also good, unfortunately our large lunch and an early dinner didn't work so well plus we were starting to feel the effects of our jet lag kicking in. Luckily it was a tappas restaurant so we dabbled with shrimp, meatballs and empanadas.



After dinner we made our way to Bellagio to watch Cirque du Soleil's 'O'. This was our first Cirque show and while we had heard wonderful things about 'O' we weren't sure about what to expect. It not like a Broadway show.. there are no dialogues, no songs per se.. there is music and there were some words but the language was indiscernible. 


It truly was quite the show. It was water based, lots of diving and synchronized swimming, there was no story more like a journey.. I really can't describe it. It was a very unique experience. 

Another day another outfit :)


We had a nice breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi in Paris.


and walked around the rest of the afternoon.. weaving in and out of hotels.



With each hotel we grew a little worried.. how were we going to spend another day doing this.. as nice as they may be, they are after all just hotels. We slowly made our way back to the hotel the wheels in our heads churning.. changing our flights would be to expensive.. we had to catch a flight the next night so not sure if there would be enough time to truly appreciate the Grand Canyon. By the time we headed out for dinner we had a plan!

But first dinner.. we ate at the delish YardBird, my mouth is watering just thinking about their chicken and waffles, buttermilk biscuits and spicy watermelon.. yum




We ended the night with the Fountains of Bellagio.. the one truly magical thing on the strip. 
       
                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. It all looks like so much fun, Hena! I would love to go to Vegas someday. I don't gamble and only drink once in a while but I think there's so much other stuff to enjoy there that it would be totally worth it to go. Your food all looks delicious and you both look so nice dressed up to go out. I'm glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. It was fun to dress up and the food was divine.. I would have stayed a few extra days just for the food.
      I hope you get to go someday.. I think the city of Las Vegas and surely the state of Nevada has much to offer but the strip itself was less awe inspiring

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2/27/2017

    Yummy; what good grub you ate. Loved your second outfit. Look at you all glammed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Vegas a couple of times, but with the last one being over 10 years ago. I want to go back, if only to walk around and enjoy the sights (since I don't gamble or drink either). My husband, however, has been there many times in the past year for work conferences. He's so anti-Vegas that the last time he went, just earlier this month, he didn't step a foot out of his hotel. He said exactly what you said, they are just hotels.

    Still, it's nice that you guys got to go away for a bit! Looking forward to hear what you ended up doing on the last day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice to get away. We overheard so many conference people at the airport saying they never left the hotel.. lol
      I loved the food though.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for all the info! I have never been.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone I know have to Vegas except for me.....waaaaaah! Someday! And love the outfit pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun trip with a lot of delicious food. I was married in Vegas and we always talk about going back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great getaway.. thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  7. It looks like you had a lovely time. It is so nice to have some time as a couple. Well, I can't actually remember, we haven't managed in over ten years... Vegas strikes me as in interesting place in that it is so different to many other places. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! We are trying to make it an annual thing. Fingers crossed

      Delete
  8. That looks like the most amazing hot dog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun trip! I love vegas
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad y'all had fun! What a great trip too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your stylish outfits and it seems you both had a great time together. That food looks amazing! I haven't been to Vegas but never say never :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup.. you never know when travel may strike!
      Thanks.. it was a great getaway.. and I especially love dressing up. The food was definitely a highlight

      Delete
  12. This looks amazing! What a fab trip xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Beauty & Essex looks like such an awesome restaurant - I love that it's kind of hidden {so fun}!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun! I saw O when I was in Vegas (years ago) and fell asleep during it. haha. It was so tired and a bit drunk. That's Vegas for you, well for me. Oops, my bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol there were moments when I too had to struggle to stay awake.. I blame the jet lag.

      Delete
  15. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Vegas must be so cool!
    Lovely greetings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vegas is so fun!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like such a fun time! I love that you did outfit posts. I love your second day outfit... it looks casual but beautifully put together too! I have always wondered how the fashion bloggers make it look so natural too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography