Halloween!

This was D's fourth Halloween.. he was just a wee little thing on his first, his second was cancelled due to a freak snow storm knocking out all power, his third was celebrated sometime in November thanks to Superstorm Sandy and no one exactly dressed up.. but it was the day he discovered candy! I wanted to make this year special.. not sure if he really understood the question of 'What do you want to be for Halloween?' I decided to keep it simple and go with his favorite cartoon character.. MICKEY MOUSE! I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case Mother Nature started pms-ing again. So we hit the Dollar Store. It cost me under $15 to put the three costumes together.





Bear ears and tail turned into Mickey ears and tail with black fabric bought at Hobby Lobby. He already had a black shirt and red pants.. I added big felt circles to his pants to make the buttons. It was cold outside so he wore his mittens and his tuxedo jacket..  I am the worst with a needle in thread.. ask M's unevenly hemmed pajama bottoms. But when I showed D the pants he instantly recognized them a Mickey's pants and danced around in them all day.. that for me was the highlight.. I couldn't help but join in on the dancing and squealing with joy.



I added a red sequenced bow also bought at Hobby Lobby to my ears and smaller white felt circles to a red sweater dress I already owned.


M make did with his maroon pants.. though he took off the ears pretty quickly and replaced them with a fire hat..

This was the first time M had ever dressed up for Halloween and I hadn't dressed up as anything since I was 10. But seeing that most of the parents where out and about costume less make us think we may go without too in the future years..




We wrapped up the night with some trunk or treating and check out some of the spooky houses in the neighborhood. The iphone pictures do not do them justice. 

Hope you all had a great Halloween!

Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information


Comments

  1. Such adorable costumes!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you guys are so cute! my friend and her son were also mickey mouse . hope u had a great halloween! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    -Facebook-
    www.facebook.com/TheHauteCookie
    -Twitter-
    www.twitter.com/thehautecookie
    -Instagram-
    www.statigr.am/thehautecookie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your costumes are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are talented and you all had fun. I think it's great that you dressed up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photos! You did a fantastic job putting it all together!
    I love the focus on the entire family dressing up in theme. I think its great memory building for the children as much as the adults.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! These costumes are adorable and how happy you all look! D's pants are so cute. And you are the sweetest little pregnant Minne Mouse! Aww. I'm glad you finally had a good Halloween for D. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11/04/2013

    Ha!!! They turned out wonderful!! Nice quick crafty thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11/04/2013

    Aww :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These costumes are too cute!!! Awwwrrr so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh em gee aren't you all just the cutest!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you all look great! I'm glad the weather cooperated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys looked great. Must have been a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the costumes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww... You were all so cute in your Halloween costumes!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. you all looked so adorable, the costumes are great! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness, SO precious! It was completely worthy as a first Halloween, and as one to remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such cool pics!

      www.shareasecretmag.com

      xoxo

      Delete
  17. aww, so cute! i ended up going as minnie mouse too! i just saw my kiddos ears/headband and decided why not!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!!
    You really had a great time!
    And your costumes are adorable!
    :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw looks like an awesome Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, you guys look so cute! I love the dollar store! I just went there yesterday for a few things, and their Christmas stuff is so impressive! No reason to pay more elsewhere. Also, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He looks adorable!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are the best looking Minnie especially with your beautiful round belly! You all look so cute dressed for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous11/06/2013

    HE IS SO CUTE! I can't get over his little suit jacket :) I bet he had a blast

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those costumes turned out adorable!! I'm glad Mother Nature cooperated for you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have such an adorable child! Cute costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You all look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute boy is your son!
    You have a beautiful family.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww! Super cute mouse family!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous11/11/2013

    Aw, he looks adorable! I hope you all had a great time, and glad that mother nature kept her hormones in check ;) That spider on the car is quite something... :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun Halloween! Your boys look great, but you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography