lately
and we are already nearing the end of January.. what did we accomplish this month? so much.. and a whole lotta nothing.
D finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.. and has moved on to James and the Giant Peach. Over the weekend we binged on the sinfully decedent Godiva Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, the Gene Wilder one of course! We also discovered this month that D got accepted to an advance reading and advanced math class!! This deserves some celebrating and we have the perfect reward in mind.. Did you know there is a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory musical on Broadway?!
D finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.. and has moved on to James and the Giant Peach. Over the weekend we binged on the sinfully decedent Godiva Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, the Gene Wilder one of course! We also discovered this month that D got accepted to an advance reading and advanced math class!! This deserves some celebrating and we have the perfect reward in mind.. Did you know there is a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory musical on Broadway?!
Silly hat day in school
H has some skills of his own.. he is talking up a storm! He is quick witted and has a clever reply to anything we throw at him. While mostly amusing it get's difficult to keep a straight face when trying to tell him no! Which is a lot.. he is very fiery strong willed child.
With D growing into such a great reader I have felt that I don't get enough time to focus on H. So I have been making weekly stops at the library with him. We don't spend much time there.. he is far too loud for a library but we pick up a board book or two and happy to report we read a minimum of three books a night. His favorite.. Brown Bear by Eric Carle
We had one great snow so far.. other wise we have had a mild and rainy winter.. H got the snow angel making direction mixed up.
My in laws have shown interest in getting a studio family picture taken.. so when I found a Groupon for it I quickly snatched it up. Preparing for the picture itself was a task in itself.. planning a wardrobe. My MIL wanted to go traditional and I jumped on board. I didn't want to have to buy clothes so we dug through our respective wardrobe till we found a match. The picture turned out nice except for the fact that H refused to smile.. lol
M and I found time to sneak out for two date nights this month.. thank you grandparents for making that possible. First we went to go see La La Land.. I wasn't convinced of all the hype till I saw it and I was moved to tears by the end of it.. and M and I talked about it the whole way home. This weekend we went to go watch a hockey game. I have only watched the Ranger's play so it was weird cheering for the Islanders but these seat were phenomenal.
M and I found time to sneak out for two date nights this month.. thank you grandparents for making that possible. First we went to go see La La Land.. I wasn't convinced of all the hype till I saw it and I was moved to tears by the end of it.. and M and I talked about it the whole way home. This weekend we went to go watch a hockey game. I have only watched the Ranger's play so it was weird cheering for the Islanders but these seat were phenomenal.
Comments
Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com
kelseybang.com
Amy Ann
Straight A Style
You know I love hearing about kids going to the library.
Beautiful family photos.
Tina
www.justatinabit.com
xx
I am a big believer in reading.. so I'm happy that the boys are following suit :)
We weren't initially planning in going traditional, in glad my MIL suggested it.
That's great, Roald Dahl is such a great way to transition kids onto longer chapter books
Why NY? NY takes over NJ in almost all aspects.. they are rarely represented in any sports so even though we have the Devils we are already so used to associating ourselves with everything NY that they are easily overlooked. Also my husband get these tickets from his company. :)
I really liked it and surprisingly my husband who hates musical movies did too.
Great family photo!
http://www.thatnewdress.com
You bring back my memories of the proud days of our children's successes, my kids are grown now. I miss the children's books, they are so creative. Sounds like you have a wonderful family.
And Godiva Cheesecake? I need a piece of that!
I can't believe it's almost February. It doesn't seem like it, but it is.
yes, it's the ending that really set it apart from other movies.
http://thecourtneydiaries.com
astylishlovestory.blogspot.com