The Master Bedroom

This is what we started out with.. nothing absurdly ugly just drab, old and lived in.. and not by us. 
I notice that my before pictures lack pillows and a blanket.. we have those.. lol.. we had already started moving things out of the room when I remembered wait.. I need pictures!!




That white door at the end is our old bathroom and the doors to the left our old his and her walk in closets.. that entire nook was taken in to create our new master bath :)



The his in hers were converted into a larger joint closet.. with it's door to the left and the door to the new bathroom to the right



The inside of the closet customized with ClosetMaid and the walls painted a beautiful Shell Coral by Behr.. seriously this picture does not do the color justice.


The walls painted and floors refinished.. I'll tell you the nightmare that is refinishing your floors on another day..




And then work began on our great big Ikea hack.. this is one of my favorite things about the room.. love. The little space in the middle may or may not have a tv in there one day.. we are undecided.


The knobs found at Home Goods the finishing touch.



The chandelier was hung


 The rug lain


Old furniture brought back in



Being back in our room feels great.. the new room feels great. It feels like us now. 
Now thinking window hangings and art.. hmm

                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  




Comments

  1. wow, so beautiful a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that space and the closet!! Ahhh! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Red looks loverly, if only our bedroom was so bif though! Great job ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done an amazing job on it. Love the rug, it's gorgeous.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/21/2016

    Nice! I like how with these lighter, neutral walls, it feels more open. The faux built in is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Hena this is beautiful! First you started with a huge room which is a bonus. I love the colors you've chosen and that built in wall you created is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot! Your bedroom looks great. Great job on the renos, you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hena, your bedroom is fantastic! I love everything about it. I think the rug is especially gorgeous. You have such a nice, big room to work with and you've made excellent use of the space. Enjoy your beautiful new room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bedroom looks fabulous! Looks like a lot of hard work went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning transformation! I love the floor color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome transformation!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful space, I love how cozy you made the room, even though it's a generous size! gorgeous closets--I love organization :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is one lovely bedroom! What a great transformation. And now I have major closet envy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks great! love the built in

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you folk could go into the business.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks so great! I love the deep color of the floors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great project, looks beautiful!

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks great, love the IKEA built-in trick! They worked a treat

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i don't think the room was ugly before, but it's much better now! such a lovely room and looks very you, i think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The new bedroom looks fantastic! I really like those doorknobs :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The before wasn't bad at all, but I love the after because of all that storage! Love a good Ikea hack.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, it all looks great! But the floors in particular turned out gorgeous! I love when hardwoods are hiding underneath carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography