Looking Back at Twenty Twelve

And I thought 2011 went by fast, 2012 was a bit of a blur. I still can't believe it has already come to an end. I wished for fanfreakintastic and fanfreakintastic it was.

We were blessed with travel. We took our, what has become almost annual road trip in May. Started with Baltimore and then hit the capital Washington DC, made a quick stop at Great Falls Park before driving through the Skyline Drive in Virginia. We headed east to Virginia Beach before heading north again. Stopped to see wild ponies in Assateague and had some family fun on the Ocean City boardwalk.



We had the fortune of travelling again, this time international in October. It was a trip like no other, more a spiritual journey than vacation. We spent a few days in Cairo and Iraq after a great layover in Amsterdam and ended the trip with some family time in Dubai.



D is now two and a half years old.. he has been continuing with his swim classes and took some art and gym classes early in the year. And this fall by baby boy started play school, surprise surprise but he couldn't be happier. He doesn't want to come home!



I was not as crafty as I'd like.. 365 days but only 3 DIY's! We redid our dining room chairs, I dyed a skirt and made a growth chart for D.


And as if the year wasn't already pretty great.. I got into my first New York City gallery, eight of my photographs are now hanging in the Regional Headquarters of PNC Bank, I shipped photographs to Germany and Australia : ) and got my work into the hands of four celebrities; Jenny McCarthy, Bethenny Frankel, Genevieve Gordor and Denise Richards.



and just last week I just finished making my brand new website! Check it out and tell me what you think?

What rocked your 2012? What are looking forward to most in 2013? Wishing you all a Happy New Year, full of happiness, health, food and family.

Want to see what my 2011 was like.. take a look back.

Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information

I've Been Cleaning House.. bid on some of the goodies here


                                          Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. What a great year! The new website is perfect! Great design! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and a Happy New Year to you too

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Your new website looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you had an amazing year - it really sounds like it was wonderful!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you have had a good year! These photos are so cute!

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  5. The website looks amazing!

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked my post and to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way! :) I'm also happy to see you had a great year and hope 2013 prepared a lot for you ;)

    allthatglittersnotgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2012 flew by didn't it!?! Looks like it was a good one, though. Checked out your website...lovely.
    Happy New Year Hena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did.. and I have a feeling this ones going to go by just as fast..
      Thanks Kimberly.

      Delete
  8. awe what gorg photos! Happy New Year!!! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. Happy New Year to you too

      Delete
  9. Anonymous1/01/2013

    Today, I went to the beach front with my children.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said
    "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off
    topic but I had to tell someone!
    My web-site :: pure african mango extract

    ReplyDelete
  10. For 2013....I want a dog!!! :D
    Happy 2013!
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too..
      Oo a dog, what kind?

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year and many happies along the way!:)
    (Me, I just want to have a better balance, to choose better what to take and what to ignore. And more hiking as well:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. Happy New Year to you too.
      Balance.. I need some of that too.

      Delete
  12. Great photos! What a great year!

    Happy New Yr!


    Take Care, Aimee
    DIY Blog: SwellMayde

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 2013! What a beautiful year 2012 has been! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures in the coming year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... hopefully there will be plenty great adventures.

      Delete
  14. Happy 2013! I am excited to hear about all your adventures in the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've had a wonderful 2012! Here's to another epic one for you and your family!

    Happy New Year!
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonia.. a Happy New Year to you too

      Delete
  16. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your 2012 travel sounds great. We are hoping to have our first road trip in 2013, having recently gotten a car (we don't really need one for our daily lives so didn't have one). We were hoping to go all the way to the west coast, but interestingly, it would cost us more to drive than to fly out! But then we would miss the road-trip aspect.

    Happy new year to you!
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love road trips! Maybe you should start with a smaller closer to home road trip before going cross country. We always thought we'd fly to the west coast rent a car and then go road tripping in the area..though I'm sure that'll be plenty pricey too

      Delete
  18. Cute pics :)

    New post on :
    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like 2012 was an amazing year for you - congrats on getting your work into a NY gallery! Wishing you only the best in 2013 :-) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Gloria.. yes it was quite a year.

      Delete
  20. 2012 sure was a blur. I can't believe it's already over... But how fun you've been to all those places. I hope you liked Amsterdam. It's the city where I study!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved Amsterdam. It was our second time visiting.

      Delete
  21. Wow, I think 2012 was great for me actually... But I am very anxious about 2013.

    Come by soon ;)!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography