20120101

Year in Review

Wow.. 2012.. didn't it just turn 2011 a blink of an eye ago?

What a year it was.. D had just turned six month.. and is now eighteen months.. he had yet to learn to sit up or crawl for that matter and in the last year he has gone from sitting.. to dragging to crawling and cruising and now is a walking toddler.



M and I celebrated four years of marriage.. still blissful (knock on wood)


We had more than a few trips.. our first had a bit of a tumultuous start.. D and I made our first international trip.. yes it was 14 hours in a plane just me and my 6 month old with an hour layover in Dubai and that wasn't even the worst of it.. we had a snowstorm the night of my flight and were in and out of the airport for three days before we were able to get on a plane..

But in the end D was greeted by swarms of family.. grandparents, uncles and aunts and more cousins than he could imagine.




And a birthday surprise for M. While I was in Karachi for a little less than two months M could be there for only seven days to attend his sisters wedding. And he was leaving the night of his birthday and the eve of mine. So I got all his friends and family together for a surprise.. his first ever.


I participated in my first open house and was featured on PictoryMag.



Our second trip was a weekend road trip to Upstate New York.. this was D's first road trip. We visited Poughkeepsie, Cooperstown and Skaneateles.  D also rode his first carousel. M and I both celebrated our first Mother's Day and Father's Day.


My baby boy turned the big ONE and we had a train themed birthday party..


The whole family came for a visit and were all living at our place so we had a very full house.. stayed up nights telling funny stories... got great dirt on M from his sister and played Trouble and Uno.


I joined LinkedIn and met an art consultant and she asked we what I wanted to be a Target or a Tiffany? Along with a few other things.. and I know that seems like such an obvious thing.. but sometimes you are the last to see what is in front of you.. her words got me thinking and as if possessed.. in a little over a month I launched my own website Hena Tayeb Photography and started to pursue the idea of getting myself into a gallery. Which I did!

I also joined The Artisan Group and got my business cards in the 2012 Golden Globe Swag Bags. Hoping it will bring me some attention and even business.




We took another trip in the fall.. we drove up to the Great White North. We visited OttawaMontreal and Quebec and finished off the year with the warm beaches of Aruba.. which I promise to post about very soon.


That was my year.. how was yours? Did it surprise you? Did you take a risk? Did something fabulous happen to you? I'd love to hear about it..

And here's to an even more fanfreakintastic 2012!

p.s Have you signed up for my mailing list yet? What are you waiting for? Subscribe now
And are you following me on Bloglovin yet? Get my post directly in your mailbox.. it can't get easier than that.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty incredible year! All the best for 2012. xo
    PS. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all these year in review blog posts...I feel I get to know so much about you. Cute kiddo and the two of you are an adorable couple.

    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hena!
    Thanks for for visit.
    I love your adventures and sense of family!

    You asked about 'ube' and I think it is called purple yam (looks like a potato) which is boiled and mashed and mix (for hours) with coconut milk to make a pudding dessert. It is sweet and melts in your mouth! The best ones are those made by the nuns in Baguio and come in bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot happened for you - so much fun to look back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hena, thank you for stopping by my blog, and for your sweet comments. Congratulations on your accomplishments and wishing you all the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great shots! Looks like a blessed and wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a year! :D

    Hope you have a fantastic 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful and eventful year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great year.. amazing how much changes in a year when you have a little one. i hope 2012 is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Lui for explaining to me what ube is.. i will look out for desserts made of it in the future. Sounds good..

    Thank you for all of your wonderful comments.. it really was a great year and to see my baby become a boy was the most rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems that you are from Bori Community but of which origin Pakistan, India or else where???

    Really love to connect with ya.

    jamesseo89@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...