lately
Where do I even begin? The weather has been awful, cold, gray and rainy on more days than I care for. Turns out we haven't had a rain free weekend since March 2nd!
Have you read the book? Any songs come to mind? So far the six songs he has chosen are
We also happened to get a chance to go to a Rangers (NHL) playoff game two weeks ago at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers have had a rough last few games but such cinched a spot in the semi finals with a nerve wracking game on Wednesday. The game we attended was fantastic. The vibe at the stadium was so different from a regular game and the fact that they won was just the cherry on top.
and look who just happened to be there as well. I love Jason Bateman but Michael J Fox.. oh I crushed on him so hard when I was little.
We have just over a month of school left. I am ready for summer. It is getting harder and harder to wake up with that darn alarm every morning. But getting closer to end of year also means D graduating middle school and all the festivities that go with it. They already had their field trip to Philadelphia, second week of June the graduating class will be having a massive pool party, there is the dance which D is adamant about not attending and then of course graduation!
But it's not all fun and games.. he also has some big end of year projects he is working on. One of which I think might interest you.
He is working on a book report per se. He read the book Legend by Marie Lu. For his project he has to break down the books six most significant moments and give them a soundtrack. Yes you read that right.. projects have changed a lot since when I was in school.
1. I Hate You I Love You by Gnash
2. Champion by Fall Out Boy
3. Bad Bad News by Leon Bridges
4. How Do I Say Goodbye by Dean Lewis
5. Trouble by Cage the Elephant
6. Pompeii by Bastille
H has been busy as well. He is playing basketball this season and they unfortunately are on a losing streak.. I feel bad for the amount of pressure that is placed on these kids to excel at sports. But even while they have lost every game H is still working hard, practicing and enjoying himself.. that's the spirit.
He has also taken up an instrument! He had his first concert just last week where he played the clarinet.
We also happened to get a chance to go to a Rangers (NHL) playoff game two weeks ago at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers have had a rough last few games but such cinched a spot in the semi finals with a nerve wracking game on Wednesday. The game we attended was fantastic. The vibe at the stadium was so different from a regular game and the fact that they won was just the cherry on top.
Oh and guess what our neighbors gave us? They were getting rid of it and thought of the boys.. and it has been an absolutely hit in our house.
That's it from my corner of the world..


Comments
Had to keep a good vibe for your other son with his team not winning but next season I'm sure they will do better, and this season has been a good learning curve.
God to see you all smiling once again..
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Your boys are handsome. Looks like much fun in your neck of the woods. 😘
Enjoy these last busy few weeks.
Jill - Doused in Pink
Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
What an interesting school project. I would have loved compiling a soundtrack to accompany a book!
Your son really does look as though he enjoys his activities, which is a good thing. I agree though, there is far too much pressure to excel at sport.
The Madison Square gardens event must have been a thrill. As exciting as the game must have been, I think I would also have been way more excited at seeing Jason Bateman and Michael J. Fox. I only found out recently that Jason Bateman was born in the Shropshire town of Shrewsbury (about an hour from me).
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
How fun to go to the game and see some celebrities too!!
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
I love that your son is playing the clarinet.
Introducing music into children's lives is so beneficial.
No dance? Kids nowadays know what they want, I think, more so than my baby boomer generation. We had to go, sulking and all.
Great to have a winning game when y'all are there watching in the stands! Happy Smiles!
Carla
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com