Rangers and Summit One

Late January M got some Ranger's tickets.. we really look forward to these and hadn't been back since Covid so were super excited. The game starts at 8pm so we decided to head into the city a little earlier and make a day out of it. 


We got to New York around four so our first stop was Grand Central Station. We needed to get some coffee.. does anyone else experience a sourness in coffee? M and I have experienced it multiple times where the coffee has a sour taste and we can't tell if it's us. Anyway.. we drank our sour coffee and wandered around, sad to see so many shops closed. But really enjoyed their market. 

Next we had gotten tickets for Summit One at Vanderbilt. Our tickets were for just after dusk and it was the most perfect breathtaking experience. Pictures do not do justice. Speaking of pictures.. 


WARNING OLD PERSON RANT COMING - I love my phone but the need to take pictures of everything for social media has ruined the experience of just enjoying the stunning view. Their was a multitude of girls dressed to the nines who where blocking huge chunks of space to do their outfit pics.. they had additional lighting and gear and what not to get the perfect shot. They probably didn't even see the view. What's the point!? RANT OVER. 


Summit One has created various interactive rooms and experiences while enjoying the stunning views. There was a mirror room and balloon room (most fun).. I was skeptical at first, but after being there I highly recommend going.. especially around sunset. 



A room of clouds where they super imposed our faces in the clouds.


There was an additional fee to take a glass elevator up to the top which we did not do. We had a Ranger game to get to.

We got there a couple of minutes late and The Coyotes had already scored two goals!! But we crushed them in the end 4-7 and that's what really matters :) Even made it on the jambotron which never happens. 


    
                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. I wanted to do the Summit when I was in NYC but it wasn't opened yet.

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time and glad your team won to top it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I loved the cloud pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! I LOVE the Room of Clouds photo. This looks like such a fun and terrific place to visit and it looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool photos! And congrats on making the Jumbotron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Great memories for the family. There is so much to do in that city. Pick something and enjoy…and you did. The jumbotron was a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a really fun day/night! We were supposed to go to a Flyers game that was cancelled due to Omicron and then we couldn't make the new date. :( Summit One looks so cool. I would have been annoyed with all of the photo taking too. Rude! I'm glad the game was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Summit looks utterly amazing, and I am definitely with you in your rant! How annoying! And you're right, these girls probably haven't seen a thing and just ruined other people's experience! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you were able to get out a bit. What a beautiful place to take a photo!

    I agree with you about young people who go overboard taking photos of themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really know anything about The Summit. Is it something a person with a fear of heights could handle? I'm super impressed with the cloud thingy!! Also that you saw yourselves on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great time. And woo-hoo on the jumbotron. As for coffee, I don't partake, so I can't answer that question for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great outing! Love the pictures...especially the face in the cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun way to spend the day. And how the heck did you get on the jumbotron....how cool??
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great capture on the jumbotron!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like such a fun time! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never will understand why people don't put down their phones from time to time to just experience things. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Summit looks pretty cool. My family and I are headed to New York next month and are considering visiting that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You all surely had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun weekend!

    That Room of Clouds photo is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun night! Love the clouds trick.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so loving that cloud with the face:D So cool! And yeah....totally agree with your rant!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I visited it a few months ago and loved it! The views are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I thought I was the only one who found coffee to be sour sometimes. I feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so right about social media ruining photos and experiences. I fall victim to it all the time. But it looks like you had a good time. I haven't been to NYC in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a super fun night! Go Rangers!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  26. I’m glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to go back to NYC! This looks amazing!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun trip! I like the cloud photo. The mirror room and balloon room sound like a blast for the kids. And a pretty picture of you at sunset. You are making memorable moments with your family. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've got to go to The Summit! I am in that neighborhood all the time, so thank you for showing your amazing photos to remind me to just do it! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like you all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. super fun outing!! I am with you on the rant and people who hog spaces...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like so much fun! And I so agree with your "rant". We need to balance enjoying the moment with keeping memories with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ooooh this looks so fun and your pictures are awesome!! i will have to look in to summit one!! i totally agree with your rant!!

    looks like a good hockey game...good idea to make a day of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've made me miss NYC! I loved Grand Central Station and occasionally my husband was fortunate to get Ranger Tickets from a business account that also had access to a catered buffet meal ahead of time. Hockey is exciting to watch. Summit One looks exciting and reminds me of the Meow Wolf experience that opened recently in Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've only gone to NYC once and only saw the outside of Grand Central Station; I didn't know there were shops inside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography