Mother's Day

I hope all you mothers and daughter and sons had a lovely mother's day. We spoke with M's mom who lives far far away.. I wasn't able to speak to mine.. she is travelling right now and we don't get to speak much.. we don't live in the some country, not even the same continent and in different time zones but try to speak a few times a week and skype just as much but even those days when we are busy and days go by without talking I know she is right there in her home just a phone call away. This trip she is on makes me miss her a lot more, she with my dad and brother have been travelling for a few weeks now and won't be back home for another few weeks.. and her not being just a phone call away makes me uneasy.. if you could please say a little prayer for their safe journey and safe return home..


That's us when she visited last year for D's first birthday.. while searching for a picture of us together I came to realize that we have no pictures together.. forget good pictures there are just no pictures period. Must rectify this when I meet her next (hopefully next year).

This was my second mother's day.. which started with a dinner the night before.. breakfast the day of and shiny black boots. I must elaborate on this breakfast.. the restaurant is as unfancy as they come but the food.. divine. The pancakes are heavenly melt in your mouth clouds puffs and the coffee.. just keeps on coming and is never burnt or watery just perfect.. one perfect cup after another... and the staff makes you feel at home.. if you ever in New Jersey.. stop at The Stack Pancake and Steak House (they need a better name).. they serve breakfast all day.



There are times when they are being difficult and you are tired and you just want to shake them or scream but then he looks at my with those big eyes and utters his new favorite word/alphabet/sound (he hasn't started to speak yet) O.. he says it as an exclamation at first and then senses my displeasure and then turns it into a question O? and you melt.. and then all you want to do is hug him and he hugs back and that is the magical moment that makes it all worth while..

See how we celebrated my first mother's day here

Pin with me on Pinterest
and get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin




Comments

  1. That photo of your son next to you is priceless! Happy Mother's Day and I did have a blast on my scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day with those delicious pancakes. Your mother is beautiful like you! And your little boy's eyes are precious; who could stay mad at him? :D
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby's so sweet! I love his expressions. Why is he looking at your husband like that? Is he not used to him smiling? So funny!
    I'm glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
    Your Friend, m.
    p.s. Sending prayers your Family's way. m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your family enjoys their travels and has lots of pictures to show. It's hard not to worry when people are gone but I'm sure they are having a wonderful time. :) It looks like you had a great Mother's Day. I actually prefer small, unpretentious restaurants to the fancy ones. They are so much more enjoyable. :)

    The Peter Pansicles are going to wait for Father's Day {when I was told they would be more appropriate} but I'll be sure to post at least a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww you look like you had one of the best Mother's Day's to date, and you where spoilt rotten! You have such a beautiful family!

    Much love,
    SDMxx
    http://daringcoco.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated happy Mother's day to you! I am so glad you had a special day, and your smiles are all so lovely! I hope you will be able to talk to your mom very soon (and take more pictures with her!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy mothers day for you and your mom.. you seem had a great mother day with your fam.. btw, thx for visited and left comment for me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool!!!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    http://www.facebook.com/estilohedonico

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated mother's day! It sounds like you had a good day. Your little one is just too cute and sounds so sweet. I hope your family has safe travels and that you can see them again soon :] Haha, the pancake/steak house really does need a better name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i definitely know how you feel! me too!

    thanks for visiting my blog and left me a comment! :)

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG
    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography