Spring Break
It's spring break.. and I am not excited.
We knew we would not be able to go anywhere on Spring Break this year.. and most likely a few more years due to it being during Ramadan..and we had made our peace with it.
Last weekend we went out with friends for iftar and by Monday M was not feeling good.. Monday night when we woke up for sehri he was really not feeling good, so he moved into the guest room and got a PCR test done the next morning. By Wednesday it was official. He had COVID. We had so far been very lucky and none of us gotten Covid. Well there goes that. Now I had to deal with a husband in quarantine. No fun. Then Thursday D complains of a headache and H has an itchy throat. Friday morning I found D curled up in my bed burning up! Had to unfortunately kick him out and to stay on the safe side kept H in his room too. So now I had three people in quarantine. I mean, come on. Two more PCR tests done and on Saturday we find out that while H was negative D had Covid. Today, we still have D in quarantine.
So that's the start to my spring break.
And now I am experiencing some serious travel cravings.. we don't have another trip book till August and that is just so so far away. So here's a trip down spring breaks of past.
Last year we spent it in the Outer Banks, North Carolina
2018 was spent in Morocco. Exotic Marrakech and Fes, breathtaking Atlas Mountains and Desert and the very very blue Chefchaouen
In 2017 was the first time we had taken a spring break vacation. H was three and my in laws were living with us so we had gone on an experimental road trip. We made stops in Chimney Rock, NC, Charleston, Savannah, Myrtle Beach and A quick stop in DC.
What are some of your favorite places? Do you like visiting cold places or do you always look for someplace warm? Do you have a place you have been to multiple times?


Comments
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Jennifer
My family loves Las Vegas! It's become a much more family oriented place in the last 25 years.
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
The spring break in Morocco was really cool :-)
I do hope both are soon on the mend and that you'll soon be able to go on a break. In the meantime, it is always nice to look back on past holidays, although I know it can be a bit bittersweet too. We will - fingers crossed - finally be able to travel to our beloved UK in June! xxx
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
I live in SoCal, so "warm" destinations don't really hold an appeal for me. I mean, I'd go (if I traveled), but I'm not generally escaping the cold.
And Morocco is on my bucket list!
But hopefully everyone will get better soon,
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
We haven't travelled anywhere since 2020. Remember my cancelled trip to Italy? According to my agent, we should be able to travel to Italy by September. We have to use up our vouchers before the end of 2022. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Happy Tuesday, Hena.
stay safe,
S
Take care, and thinking of you today with caring thoughts and love.
~Sheri
Love: Mariann Yip
https://www.mariannyc.com/vista-encantada-escape/
Jill - Doused in Pink
-Ashley
Hope that you had a good weekend :) It's a nice relaxing long weekend here.
Away From The Blue