H's Lego Birthday Party
{This post may contain affiliate links, and I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through the links.}
H loves Lego's. I love Lego's. I have been trying to convince D to want a Lego party for ages.. he was never interested. So when H said he wanted a Lego party I was thrilled! And thankfully Lego parties are all over the internet which made it so easy to plan this party.
There were 10 kids in attendance and most of them where accompanied by a parent. We set the basement up into two sections.. the playing area and the eating sitting area.
The kids were directed back to the table to build some Lego cars. I found non Lego brand car kits at the Dollar Tree. I opened them up and separated the pieces in bowls so they could create their vehicles which the kids also got to take home. And M had spent the better park of the previous weekend building the kids an awesome racetrack using cardboard boxes, black table cover and painters tape.
When it was time to leave the kids went home with Lego party bags also bought from Dollar Tree.. inside were a bag of legos and a giant Lego man crayon, also made using the above mold.
H loves Lego's. I love Lego's. I have been trying to convince D to want a Lego party for ages.. he was never interested. So when H said he wanted a Lego party I was thrilled! And thankfully Lego parties are all over the internet which made it so easy to plan this party.
First we started with the invitations. I used this printable. D has had birthday parties both at home and outdoor venues but him being a summer baby we have always been able to throw the parties in the backyard. This was our first time having a children's birthday party indoors.
There were 10 kids in attendance and most of them where accompanied by a parent. We set the basement up into two sections.. the playing area and the eating sitting area.
All of the tableware, balloons and banner I bought from the Dollar Tree. The tables and chairs we rented from a local mom and pop shop.
When the kids arrived they first played Guess How Many? I filled the jar with super cute Lego candy found here. You can actually build with them!
After which we lead them to the table where they colored Lego man heads. Once they had all colored their Lego heads we moved on to Pin the Head on the Lego Man.
This game didn't last as long as I had imagined. The kids rushed through their turns.. and as soon as their turn had ended they were looking for the next thing to do. I had already started doing the math in my head.. did I have enough games to entertain?
Next we had a relay race.. we lined the kids up with a spoon and gave them all a Duplo block. The rules were simple.. make it to the end of the room without dropping the block. You drop it, you go back to the start. The kids had so much fun with this.. they once again followed no rules at all, they just kept walking.. and dropping.. they held on to the block while they walked.. they held the spoon in their hands.. in their mouths and just kept on playing. Any concern I had about not having enough activities to entertain these kiddos vanished. The above picture is really low res.. mainly because it's a screenshot of a video I just took since we took no pictures during this entire activity.
The birthday boy had requested to wear a Lego crown on his big day.. so I printed out a Lego background print like this and cut him out a crown.
Before we knew it it was time to eat. We ordered pizza and I found these juice boxes that are really flavored water.. and thought what a great healthy alternative to juice. They were not good.
For the cake.. I ordered a plain chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream from Wegmans and made these Lego pieces myself using this mold and colored chocolate wafers. It was a pretty easy process and super fun.
When it was time to leave the kids went home with Lego party bags also bought from Dollar Tree.. inside were a bag of legos and a giant Lego man crayon, also made using the above mold.




Comments
Those legos for the cake turned out awesome!!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com
Happy Birthday to your little man!
Wonder Cottage
The Glossychic
xx- Nina
http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/01/how-to-style-long-faux-fur-coat.html
Fun
Lisa
so i know you said you love lego's BUT have you ever stepped on one??? hehehehe
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
Amy Ann
Straight A Style
xo, allie
www.champagne-tuesdays.com
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Have a nice week!
regards,
Prabhu
Blog de la Licorne
Kisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
New post:
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/01/5-flashtrek-sneaker-style-with.html
Thanks for share your cute photos
xx
Jessica | notjessfashion.com