Happy Halloween
We like Halloween.. candy, spooky decorations, pumpkins and yes of course dressing up.. We have been hosting a little party for the last couple of years.. skipped last year for obvious reasons. Here's a looksie at some Halloween's past. 2013 2015 2016 2018 2019 and 2020
The white pumpkin is D's. He was going for creepy Jack Skellington vibe.. ended up kinda happy.. not complaining.. It's after Jack first meets Sally.. sweet.
I found this super cute Halloween pasta in Aldi and I made a cheesy chicken dish with them.
We and by that I mean M and the boys.. and by that I mean M, started decorating the house as soon as it was officially October. Every weekend he puts up a little more.
H wanted to carve his.. by which I mean he delegated the job to M.. lol.
I saw this really cute cake roll idea and obsessed over it. watched youtube videos of how to make it.. poured over recipes and convinced myself I could do it.
Printed out a template.. made the designs which were a lot harder then they look.. made the batter and in the oven it went.
What came out was a lot less cute.. the parchment paper stuck.. the edges got a little crunchy.. argh. And right now looking at the picture I realize that it says OOB instead of BOO.. lol. The cake was not fluffy.. I think it had something to do with the egg whites. All the recipes insisted the yolks and whites had to be separated and beaten and put back together again at a later step and my egg whites had a drop or two of yolk in them.. oops and later I read that that is supposed to be a big no no.. ugh.
Anyway I had a back up dessert in mind in case I screwed up the cake roll. Thank God for the dirt cup.
M found these super cool blood bags online and we served cranberry apple juice with lemon line soda in these. It took a lot of time to fill them up. But the oohs and aah's of the guests was worth it.


Comments
Jennifer
Curated By Jennifer
Your house was amazing just like all your halloween treats. I keep in mind the idea of the roll cake. It's adorable !
xx
Margot
https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com
I'm sorry the cake didn't work out as intended - although the "OOB" thing had me in stitches - but I'm glad to hear you had some back-up desserts! xxx
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
A big sigh at all the effort that went into the cake. Your dirt cups look amazing though.
love the costumes, i am a halloween lover too!!
and the cake looks awesome!!!
Hope that your week is off to a good start :)
Away From The Blue
OOXX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
Those blood bags are so cool!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Hope you had a wonderful Halloween!
S
www.rdsobsessions.com
loving it!
;-}
Jill - Doused in Pink