Afternoon Munchies
Most afternoons with my coffee I will make myself and M if he's home a nut bowl. It's an assortments of nuts and dried fruits that help us get through the rest of the day without munching on chips and cookies.
2 dates which are high in fiber and high in disease-fighting antioxidants.
These are fox nuts also known as lotus seeds. You can buy them on Amazon roasted and flavored. I buy them cheaper and in bulk at an Indian grocery store and roast them myself. And don't season them at all. I want to minimize our salt intake. Once roasted you put them and air tight container. They taste kinda like a denser popcorn. As for the benefits.. helps reduces inflammation, have antibacterial properties and are rich in magnesium and potassium as well as contain a high amount of calcium.
2 prunes which prevents constipation and is high in potassium as well as a good source of iron.
2 figs which are a good source of both calcium and potassium and may improve bone density.
1 spicy mango sliver which I don't think has any major health benefits but are yummy. My favorites are from Trader Joes.
Some walnuts which improve gut health and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Some pecans which are a good source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which help lower blood pressure.
Some pistachios which can help keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol in check
Some cashews which are rich in fiber, heart-healthy fats as well as a good source of copper, magnesium, and manganese - nutrients important for energy production, brain health, immunity, and bone health
Some almonds magnesium, vitamin E, and dietary fiber
Some walnuts which improve gut health and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Some pecans which are a good source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which help lower blood pressure.
Some pistachios which can help keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol in check
Some cashews which are rich in fiber, heart-healthy fats as well as a good source of copper, magnesium, and manganese - nutrients important for energy production, brain health, immunity, and bone health
Some almonds magnesium, vitamin E, and dietary fiber
Now the two more exotic elements.
Lastly we add some roasted chana aka chickpeas. Now I have had roasted chickpeas and I have eaten chana that you get from the Indian store or form Pakistan and they are different but when I google them they all come out as variations of the same.. so I don't know. They have a dark brown shell like covering you have to remove before eating and also have many benefits like lowering diabetes, avoiding the risk of heart diseases, weight management and maintaining proper gut health. They also are rich in plant protein and will help you feel fuller longer.
I take those 10 - 15 mins sometimes less depending on the days schedule to do my puzzle, listen to an audio book which is currently American Princess - The Alice Roosevelt Story and sip my coffee and munch on some healthy goodies to bring to peace to the middle of my day.

Comments
~Sheri
ps.....don't get me started on figs.....I keep eating them haha.
Shauna
www.lipglossandlace.net
Such a healthy snack, Hena.
Happy Tuesday!
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
Good munchies
XOXO
jodie
Thank you for sharing new information......
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/