Eid Mubarak
Hello everyone! I know I have been MIA the last couple of weeks, we have been celebrating the month of Ramadan and not much happened during the month. I did host an iftar party and we did meet up with friends once or twice but most of the month was spent in hibernation mode.
Next stop the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, New Jersey.
On Friday we celebrated Eid. I did a most detailed post on Eid and it's traditions a couple of years ago which you can check out here.
We start Eid morning pre dawn at the mosque for Eid prayers. Afterwards the mosque hosts a large breakfast but our family tradition is to duck out, come home, freshen up and go out for a restaurant breakfast. M and the kids all take the day off.
So what we did this Eid
We started with a BIG breakfast at Brownstone Pancake Factory.. this might be our new favorite place.
I had been here many years ago with D for his Kindergarten field trip and had wanted to return ever since.
D then
D now
It's such a beautiful park and great way to spend a couple of hours. I unfortunately was miserable through the whole experience. I had a horrible onset of allergy sneezes.. my head had started to pound, could barely keep my eyes open. Plus we had dressed a bit too warmly and the afternoon sun beating down on us made us all feel a bit too hot.
Afterwards we came home.. lay around a bit before heading out was a nice meal.
On day 2 of Eid (in Muslim countries you celebrate Eid for three days, this year we were lucky that Eid fell on a Friday and we were able to continue celebrating into the weekend) we went to a friends house.
Today we dressed for traditionally in a kurta shalwar for the boys and a shalwar kameez for me.
And then there was the third day of Eid. We were invited for lunch. So we played dress up again. You can see my face still swollen thanks to the high pollen count in our area.
Another year, another Eid. We had a lovely weekend spent with friends, eating good food and filled with laughter.


Comments
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
~Sheri
Such a great looking family that you have.
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
All the best Jan