Self Care
With the new year around the corner everyone starts to focus on making resolutions. Most of the common ones are always eat healthy, lose weight.. you know the drill.
I wanted to talk about self care. Some of the things I/We try to focus on are taking some time out of our over scheduled, busy stressed out lives to take a little time for ourselves.
NUMBER ONE is making doctors appointments that we never have time to make. We keep putting the health of others first and are constantly putting off going to the doctor. Especially women and moms. I have had trouble sleeping for a few years now and I have tried every holistic DIY treatment I have read about but nothing has worked long term. After putting this off for years I finally made an appointment with a sleep specialist.
With all the walking we do on our trips M started to feel a lot of pain in his feet. He finally went to the doctor and found out he has flat feet. And the solution is pretty easy - insoles for flat feet. He wore them while traipsing through Mexico City and he felt much better.
NUMBER TWO is getting a massage. The first time I got one was a prenatal one 9ish years ago and I never stopped. We both get one once a month. In fact we get my in laws monthly massages as well and they love them. My mother in law exclaimed after her first 'I thought this pain in my shoulders was permanent, I never knew it could go away' Hence, get a massage. And they don't just help with aches and pains, they improve circulation, help with inflammation, headaches, stress, heart rate and blood pressure.. have I convinced you yet? But if you really don't like the idea of someone touching you or the cost is too high buy a massage gun. We have one of these and they really hit the spot.
NUMBER THREE get a heating pad.. I know I sound like an old lady with all my aches and pain but this is my version of self care. I rarely go get my hair done, can't remember the last mani pedi I got, taking a bath is on my to do list every year. But the heating pad.. I get in bed after a crazy day and turn this bad boy on and aaahhhh.
NUMBER FOUR have a hobby. Whether you like to read or paint or knit (like so many of my very talented blog friends do) Take a walk, work on a puzzle. Something that makes you take a step away from all the craziness and get lost in.While reading is my number one hobby, last year I also got into diamond painting. This year I want to work on some of the puzzle I have sitting in the closet collecting dust.
NUMBER FIVE this one is important. I think the quote above pretty much sums it up. M and I have collectively decided that we will not subscribe to any drama. Yes, sometimes it follows us home but we try to stay away from it as much as possible. We try, the keyword try, to not dwell too much on why someone said or did what they did.
Some content is in partnership with Responsival






Comments
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
Great post and I agree with all your suggestions and advice. Take good care of you, let go of the drama it is not worth the stress. Take care, have a happy new week!
The massage will be tough. Starting off with a foot massage and pedicure feels easier.
Self care is different for everybody, I think. You have to do what's right for you. That's a good list.
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
have a great week,
S
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
PS I so need a heating pad. My back....ugh!
Shauna
www.lipglossandlace.net
Happy Tuesday!
Hope you are having a lovely day.
www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au
Thank you for sharing.
# Happy December
New post is live here, hope to see you there!
-Ashley
Not a fan of massages but it's all about finding out about what's right for for us as individuals, vive la difference! xxx
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
www.exclusivebeautydiary.com
Wishing you good things for the new year.
~Sheri