H Turns Eight
And just like that H turned 8. We started the morning with homemade candy waffles and ended the days with a raspberry mousse cake. This child of mine is oddly not a big fan of chocolaty desserts.. sigh. Otherwise it was a pretty normal day.. we had come back from a trip the day prior so we all got covid tests and stayed home.
We forwent candles.. and now that I think about it who ever came up with the idea of blowing out candles.. and why did we never think about the explosion of germs before?
This weekend though we had a birthday party for him. Last year we had refrained, being in the thick of the pandemic. This year with them already going to school and participating in sports etc we decided it would be fine to have a small party. We opted to not have it in our home. We hosted it at Knockerballs, its a cool indoor play area with life sized games like Human Foosball and Hungry Hungry Humans.. D had attended a few birthday parties there and I always thought it was such a fun place. The entire space was booked for us which made it feel safer.
I used Paperless Post to send out the invites. Mainly because I did a sponsored post for them a couple of years ago and they gave me so many coins that I am still working my way through them. Still have 989 left. lol.
Next of course are the goody bags.
I got the Among Us gift bags and stickers from Amazon. The cake will also be Among Us themed.. for those not in the know it a popular app/game. I found these cool 3D puzzles on Amazon as well. You color them first.. pop out the shapes and create your puzzle. The markers came with it. A couple of candies and a foam ball from the dollar store.
As per usual we got our cake from Wegmans and decorated it at home.
I bought the little Among Us figures also from Amazon.
The party itself went by without a snag.. it was nice to see the kids interacting and just being kids.
The fav was a game of Hungry Hungry Humans.
They played Dodgeball.
Human Foosball.. it was tricky for the kids to always keep their hands on the rope. They also played Knockerballs but we have no pictures.. just videos.
We forwent candles.. and now that I think about it who ever came up with the idea of blowing out candles.. and why did we never think about the explosion of germs before?
Another successful party for the books. phew
Comments
Hope that you had a lovely weekend :)
Away From The Blue
Jennifer
Curated by Jennifer
Sounds like he had a fun party, and I wouldn't mind a piece of that delicious looking cake! xxx
What a great party for him and his friends. I would love a slice of that cake! And yes. No more candles on cakes!!!
~Sheri
OXOX
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
i like that you guys decorate the cake yourselves!!!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com
Happy Birthday to H!
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
www.rdsobsessions.com
Jill - Doused in Pink