Driving Down to Charlotte North Carolina
I hate packing. I am a good packer, organized - list maker - think of every possible scenario - pack everything we would ever need without over packing.. and when I am in the midst of it it is a nerve wracking process.. hence the declaration.. I HATE PACKING!
Our initial drive down was over 10 hours long.. I packed the car with a variety of snacks, a bag of activities for each child and off we went early Saturday morning.
I found a great deal on Groupon for these activity tables and they were a life saver.. though don't let that picture of H fool you he looked nothing like that through most of the trip.. argh. I had a license plate game printable for D which was a big hit.. the whole family got involved in finding plates even when we weren't in the car. For H the winner was silly putty and when all hell broke loose play doh saved the day.
We made pretty good time keeping our stops to a minimum at arrived in Charlotte at 8pm. As luck had it our room at a Marriott had a plumbing issue and they had no other rooms at the hotel available. Luckily being a rewards member they had arranged a larger room for us at another Marriott and our stay was fully comped :)
We had dinner at the amazingly scrumptious Zablong
The boys especially loved being able to leave their mark on the wall.
In the morning we went to Hazelnut Creperie for breakfast. It was a little odd.. a counter service style place in an office building, but the crepes were very good..so good we didn't even bother to take a picture.
We stopped to take a picture with the mirror mosaic Firebird on Tryon St. before heading out to Chimney Rock.
Comments
Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things
I think it was the first time they were allowed to write on a wall and found that exciting.
The hotel situation was definitely a surprise.. thankfully a pleasant one.
we had the tablet on hand for the eldest though.
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com
xoxox,
CC
xx
Mónica Sors
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: CITY OF STARS
http://www.kathrineeldridge.com
Amy Ann
Straight A Style
Carrie
curlycraftymom.com
-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
Have a nice week,
Christine
http://www.thatnewdress.com
http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/05/met-gala-2017-greatest-hits.html