Bread Pudding
One of my favorite desserts, a non chocolate dessert that is, is bread pudding. I have loved it since I was a child, it reminds me of home and warmth. I love that it is an understated dessert, sans frills plus it has bread in it.. how could it not be loved? Not to forget your home will smell delectable.
It is also so simple to make. You start with a croissant
.
Tear it into medium sized pieces and place in a baking dish. I like to add a handful of chopped walnuts
In a pot swirl a few tablespoons of water with the sugar to dissolve. Then cook on medium heat till bubbles and thickens. Whisk occasionally till it starts to caramelize.
In another bowl whisk the milk, eggs, cream and cinnamon. When sugar mixture is ready turn off heat and slowly, very slowly pour the eggs mixture into the pot stirring simultaneously. Else the sugar will harden. Once everything is mixed together pour over the bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and enjoy! We were so busy enjoying it that I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished result.. : )
Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information.
I've Been Cleaning House.. bid on some of the goodies here
Comments
www.thehautecookie.com
Worth trying, tnx!:)
Thanks for the info concerning my giveaway, the problem is fixed and entering should work now :)
God this bread pudding looks so good. Ahaha I'm on a diet, damn.... ;)
Ergo - Blog
Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights
chaseandem.blogspot.com
http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog
xoxo
novelstyle.blogspot.com
LA By Diana Live Magazine
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
up!
My web blog neucopia
http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au
My mum used to bake this, really yum~
Have a great start in the week,
allthatglittersnotgold.blogspot.com