lately

Now that we have wrapped up our Greece adventure I guess we have no choice but to talk about the now. What have we been up to lately.. 

Not much honestly, kids are back to their regular routines of school and extracurriculars. H is really into all sports right now.. so he plays a little soccer, basketball and tennis. D on the other hand plays tennis and is in the math club and coding class. Meaning time is scarce and then of course the heaps of homework D gets is a whole other story. So not much excitement over the week. 

The boys did manage to go watch a Giants game.


They even got to fist bump a player whose name I have already forgotten. 

We also put up our Halloween decorations. Halloween is a big holiday for us, we host a yearly party as well. I'll share more pics later. 


I have been keeping an eye out for some versatile earrings.. I wore hoops on our trip and I loved how they elevated the looks, went with everything and were easy to pack. I found some chic hoop earrings.

I am also in the midst of planning H's upcoming birthday. It is still months away but he wants to have a secret agent party so I am planning missions and creating codes.. and all that takes time. I love it though. I am keeping an eye out for some book sales, Target often has a BOGO deal closer to the holidays, I'm thinking these would make a great party favor. 

It is officially chilly and I am enjoying wearing my boots and sweaters. I love this color plus it's on sale. 

M and I recently picked these up at our local Trader Joe's and they were so so good. Not stingy on the coffee flavor and not overly sweet either. There were only four in the box and are long gone.. meaning I need to make another Trader Joe's trip soon. 

We had M's cousin's over and we carved pumpkins




Made apple crumble and roasted pumpkin seeds. We visited a Halloween house nearby..


This house goes all out with their decorations.. and they raise money for St. Judes as well. 

Some content is in partnership with Responsival

                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. How exciting that your boys got to meet their favourite player.
    Your roasted pumpkin seeds look delicious.
    Hallowe'en is hugely popular here in the UK now (it never used to be), it's not something I'm into but kudos to the owners of that house for going to all that effort to raise money for good causes. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween decorations and jack-o-lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those coffee ice cream sandwiches look good! I might have to figure out a recipe so I can eat it@

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. That house is quite something! Autumn, with its cooler temperatures and warmer clothes is a time I enjoy too. That green colour is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your Halloween decorations. The holiday is starting to get more popular here too, and I've seen quite a few decorated houses on my commute. Oh, and I'm loving the colour of that cardigan too. It's not cold enough for sweaters, but I can't wait to wear them, to be honest! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of that sweater. It's gorgeous. It's always nice to read the day to day of someone. Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ordinary days are the best for me! I love that you are already planning a secret agent party that is going to be so much fun!! Make it hard, ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing y'all's Halloween decorations. My younger daughter's family goes all out for the holiday, too.

    There was a time when I wore hoops almost exclusively. You can never go wrong with them. Right now I have on my Halloween earrings. One is a ghost, the other is a tombstone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your halloween decorations and that crumble looks so tasty!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pumpkins look soo cool, Hena:) And yay for Halloween! Also my fave time of the year.
    PS So awesome you're planning ahead for H's bday, and doing all the work! A+ mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the decorations. We decorated the inside of our apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, your "not much" sounds like quite a bit. Sounds like you all are just enjoying quite a few adventures near home. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Halloween, your decorations look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful and colorful Halloween decorations! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sound very, very busy to me. All of you.
    We don't celebrate Halloween here (despite the efforts of the stores to get us to do so). I love your decorations. Well done on the carving front as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like your family has plenty to keep busy with after your adventures in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys sound busy after your vaca! A Giants game, Halloween decorating, planning a party that is a lot. And indeed that house is great!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for making memories and meeting players. The Halloween decor looks awesome. Back to the daily grind...

    ReplyDelete
  20. It seems like so many more people are decorating for Halloween this year. It looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! Halloween looks fun in your world, my friend! Love the picture of your guys! Can't wait to see your Halloween party pics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to see more of your Halloween photos. I hope your party is a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with Cindy - your "not much" sounds like quite a bit!
    Your decorations look amazing, Hena.

    ReplyDelete
  24. aww... Halloween....
    thank you for sharing photos and detail of you and family trips...
    Welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  25. i did not know you went to greece, i will have to go back and look for pictures. i can't believe how well the giants are doing this season. i am a kc chiefs girl, both teams won on sunday. i saw several hoop earrings i liked at that site, i like hoops, but i always wear diamond studs. i never take them out!!

    we have a lot of people that go all out for halloween, we need to drive around to look at those homes!! your house looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've been having such a wonderful time! I love it -- and I think you are probably the most creative party planner on the planet. I can't wait to hear more about your secret agent escapades!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is that donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital? That is a wonderful organization. The apple crumble looks scrumptious. And how fun for the boys to carve pumpkins. This one looks festive. We used to have a pumpkin carving contest years ago, and Oh, they loved that. I like your spider webs on the lawn too. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is so cool about the Giants game! Your Halloween decorations look awesome! I love the big spiders and oversized web!! Yum, I need to roast some pumpkin seeds. We don't carve pumpkins anymore which is a bummer. Yours turned out great. Those earrings are so nice and I love that green sweater. I want those ice cream sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your Halloween decorations! It is such a fun holiday. I have never roasted pumpkin seeds but yours look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Free Games Factory

    Play free online game home for young and kids. Free game Factory has the best and high-quality games and offers over 100 online free game to play alone or with friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography