lately

The leg compression socks did not work, they gave a good leg massage but they were too clunky and at far too many wires sticking out of them, not practical for me to put them on in the middle of the night when my RLS is acting up. And using them before made did nothing to help with the RLS either. So they will be returned. I have also been badly hit with allergies this year. So I am drinking a lot of tea. It's not my drink of choice but it helps keeping me feeling good in the cold wintry months and I guess now in the spring as well. In hot water I pop in two tea bags, one green tea and one of the Traditional Medicinals Tea, a splash of lemon juice, honey and a shot of The Ginger Peoples Pure Ginger Juice


I was not reading much during Ramadan.. so I finally picked a book out off my stash. I feel like being swept away into a fantasy so I choose An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.

We were waiting on a couple of replacement items in our kitchen which arrived last week and were finally installed. Soon.. still a couple of things left to do. But I hope to be able to share the kitchen with you soon. We are currently in the midst of putting up frames, buying curtains and throw pillows etc.

The little one has suddenly developed a passion for basketball. So I signed him up for our town rec center team and he is loving it. He hasn't scored any points, doesn't really get the ball passed to him much but he is still very excited about being part of a team and the fact that his team is a on a winning streak probably doesn't hurt matters. 

My in laws flew in last week, they come and spend a month or so with us. Then they will move on to their daughter's house and then at some point make their way back to us. They boys always enjoy having some grandparent time and M and I may be able to sneak in a date night or two. Win-Win.

 

I have a bunch of shows I need to watch. Final season of Ozark, Outlander, Stranger Things.. etc. and hit me up with any recommendation you have as well. But what I did just finish watching was Midnight Mass. It was such an odd show. It was a slow burn, like really slow. Had a supernatural element but mainly shone it's light on religion, mainly Christianity and very surprisingly Islam. I wasn't really sure about it at first but I ended up really enjoying it. It was kind of like a book club show, very worthy of discussion. And Hamish Linklater, whom I have always seen in comedic roles was marvelous in this. Oh and I also watched and really loved Severance. Another conversation worthy show. 

We have a wedding in the family over the weekend. So I have family flying in from Chicago.. I haven't seen most of them in a very long time, the kids don't know any of them. D met some of them when he was really little. So it'll be a nice reunion. 

      
                  Etsy           Instagram           Twitter           Bloglovin  

Comments

  1. They say if you can use local honey, it will help allergies. The book you are reading sounds interesting. I love Outlander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sounds like you have a busy month coming up with the wedding, the in-laws and going to b-ball games. All good. Sorry about your legs though. I'm sure that affects your sleep and that affects the whole day. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many shows I need to catch up on too! I think when my Turkish shows go on summer break (there are only 3 new summer dizis I'm interested in watching), I'll have time to catch up.

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with all the family visiting you!! I drink tea in the afternoon and evenings. My first choice is always coffee in the early mornings. I hope your allergies tame down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the wedding and seeing your family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow, I'm not really surprised to hear those leg compression socks didn't really work. They did look a little gimicky to me :-)
    Glad to hear your kitchen is nearing completion and that your in-laws were able to come over and spend some time with you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy all your time with family, both close and not-so-close.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear the compression boots didn't work for you. Also sorry about your allergies. I did pretty well with the tree pollens earlier, but the flower pollens currently in the air are doing a number on me!

    I'll be curious to hear more about the book. I like Sci-Fi, but don't often read Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that books are great companions during times of stress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are almost finished with Ozark. I don't want it to end! Also, I have been bothered more this year by allergies. Hot water with lemon is my drink of choice! Exciting things happening in your world. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a busy month and are going into another one! Enjoy your in-laws and have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy time with your family and the wedding! I want to watch Ozark eventually from the beginning, especially since some of it is set in my state!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a bummer about the socks. I'm excited to see your kitchen. I've heard that Severance is good. I have started We Crashed and like but not love it. We just finished Ozark. I'm glad your son is liking basketball. It's so nice to have grandparents around. You better go on some dates!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this life update. I highly recommend Bridgerton if you like a little bit of romance. :)

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like some interesting shows. I can't say that I'm watching anything all that fascinating right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's a bad year for allergies. We've been taking homeopathic Genexa Allergy Care and find that it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting for the upcoming wedding. It's so good to have these social events again. And date night is the best.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Allergies have really hit my husband hard this year. He finally went to the doctor today for some help.

    I'm sorry the socks didn't work for you.

    Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Midnight Mass sounds interesting. I haven't heard of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My son has RLS too - nope, compression socks, acupuncture, reflexology didn't work for him.

    Enjoy time with your family and the wedding, Hena.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ugh! So sorry to hear about the allergies:( But yay for Midnight Mass. I loved that show. Have you seen his other shows on Netflix? Mike Flanagan does horror really well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your family time. To the max. I am sorry about your allergies. I used to suffer badly until I had a course of desensitising injections. The course wasn't fun - but made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sorry the socks didn't work for your RLS- I get a very, very mild case of this now and again and always wonder how people with more serious cases deal with it. It's so disruptive!

    We have Severance on our list of shows to check out- we've heard amazing things!

    Hope you're having a great week so far and you'll swing by and check out my new post!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  25. My allergies have been horrible this year. I sometimes have to deal with RLS. It is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Allergies are so bad this year. I just finished Ozark last night! Enjoy your family time!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you have a nice time at the wedding and enjoy your time with your family. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved Outlander, and the last season of Ozark is eye-popping! Some of my faves are Call The Midwife, Offspring, and Ted Lasso. Enjoy all of the family time! Hope your allergies subside.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry to hear about your allergies. Not fun! But hope you have fun with all the family and the wedding. Enjoy catching up on the shows too! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like Working Moms. We just finished Ozark. And I so want to watch Severance. My mom has RLS, so I will ask her what she does to help it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've read An Ember in the Ashes. It was a good one. The series gets brutal. Read the second and have to read the last.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm sorry about the compression socks not working. I'm finishing up on Ozark, I just have a couple of episodes left. I just finished "Money Heist". It is slow to get going and seems to drag at times, but it is really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's a shame that you are dealing with health issues with the compression socks not working and your allergies, but it's nice that you will get so spend some time catching up with family this month so you have lots to look forward to :)

    Hope you are having a great weekend. It's another rainy day here.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry to learn that the compression socks were of no help. Have a fun time at the wedding.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for your recommendations!
    Have a great day,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  36. HI Hena,

    So many people mention Outlander. I need something to watch on the treadmill.
    Okay I really wanted to like Midnight Mass, but it just went off the rails at the end and turned into a vampire-like movie. I read that the author/creator wrote this story like 10 + years ago when he was an alcoholic. From that perspective, I can understand the "off the rails" storyline.

    I am trying to watch Severance on HBO but it is so SLLLLOOOOOW.
    My husband and I are watching the Staircase with Colin Firth. I saw a Dateline story about this years ago so I am fascinated by the updated version.
    I just started All the Light We Cannot See (historical/historical fiction set in WW2. I love it and can't believe I am just now reading it.
    Happy June-eve! We need the rain (and snow) so it is hard to complain!
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh have you tried magnesium. It was recommended to my friend with RLS and my physical therapist recommended it as a gentle muscle relaxant. I sleep really well. Maybe look into my friend said it is helping! Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography