While I was at it I began to look at the photographs and prints listed in my shop with a more critical eye and my website got a makeover.
And while listening to music I decided delete the songs I always skipped instead of skipping them all the time.. but then I got to a song that I almost deleted but stopped. Nostalgia took over. I know people hold on to clothes and such for similar reasons but I don't. But when it came time my music I paused. Now if my holding on to these particular songs had anything to do with my life I may be okay with but these songs are actually tied to the monumental moments in a fictional character life.. yup.
So time to confess.. what song do you love mainly because of a tv show or movie? It may be a great song.. but your initial love affair with it started because of tv/movie. Here are mine. When I here these songs I am transported back to those shows, those scene's and moments..
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Sarah McLachlan's - Full of Grace. Spoiler Alert - It's right after Buffy kills souless Angel but only seconds before his soul returns and she still has to kill him.. and this song played and I cried.
2. Roswell - Sheryl Crow's - I Shall Believe - Future Max comes to tell Liz she has to break up with present day Max and they have their last dance to this song. This one I am slowly starting to get a bit more fuzzy one.
3. Grey's Anatomy - two songs both having to do with Izzie and Denny.. once again Spoiler Alert lol.. but Snow Patrol's - Chasing Cars when Denny dies.. omg the crying.. and then Unkle Bob's Swans this is actually a really good song when Izzie feels the presence of Denny in spirit.
4. Veronica Mars - Mike Doughty's - I Hear the Bells - Drunk Logan tells Veronica that their love story is epic.. the moment could not be more perfect. Of course he wakes up the next morning and doesn't remember the moment!
5. Supernatural - Kansas' - Carry on my Wayward Son - seriously this song was made for this show.. it first played toward the end of the first season and from then on it has become the shows opening song.. Supernatural has a great 80's soundtrack.. you really can't go wrong with any of their songs.. But another one that really stayed with me was Styx's - Renegade.. seriously.. it was as if it too was written was that exact moment.. when Sam and Dean fall under the police's radar.
I'm sure there are more.. but these are the ones that have really stuck with me..