Veronica Mars: The Movie!

In case you haven't heard... they did it.. Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell raised over 2 million dollars in just one day via Kickstarter campaign to show to the networks how many people still cared about the show even after a little less than 10 years of it's first airing. And now they are making the movie!


This show had it all.. romance, tragedy, teen angst, drama, mystery, danger, hot actors, great dialogue, a long list of guest stars.. some already big and some on their way to making it big. And I know I already said great dialogue but it really did, full of pop culture references and witty, sassy snark! It also dealt with issues of date rape, teen pregnancy, the over privileged, gangs, sex tapes and everything in between.


Unfortunately it suffered something so many teen shows face and very few overcome. Graduation. These shows strive in there high school environment and when it come time to grow up and move on it is difficult to keep everyone in the same town, college etc.

Van Clemmons: Mr. Echolls, I was wondering if I could have a word? 
Logan: Anthropomorphic. All yours, big guy.


Logan: [about Veronica's car] Nice car. That must have been a *huge* cereal box. 

Veronica: Look at you, all helpful. 
Logan: Hey, your peskiness being unleashed on Conner brings me joy. Annoy, tiny blonde one, annoy like the wind! 


Veronica: Well, actually, despite popular opinion you really can't beat the truth out of someone. 

and my favorite.. 


Veronica: So what are you like now? 
Logan: You know, tortured... ever since I got my heart broken. 
Veronica: Hannah really did a number on you, huh? 
Logan: Come on, you know I'm not talking about Hannah. I thought our story was epic, you know, you and me. 
Veronica: Epic how? 
Logan: Spanning years and continents. Lives ruined, bloodshed. EPIC. But summer's almost here, and we won't see each other at all. And then you leave town... and then it's over. 
Veronica: Logan... 
Logan: I'm sorry about last summer. You know, if I could do it over... 
Veronica: Come on. Ruined lives? Bloodshed? You really think a relationship should be that hard? 
Logan: No one writes songs about the ones that come easy.

with Mike Doughty's I Hear The Bells playing in the background.

Have you seen Veronica Mars? Loved it or Hated it? Please don't say hated it. If you haven't seen it you have a year to catch up.. don't worry there are only three season and you'll love it! The movie is set to come out early 2014. Can't Wait! and it better kick ass.

Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information


Comments

  1. I never watched that show, but it certainly had a lot of followers. I've heard many talk fondly of it. The thing about the teenage shows that also gets me...I don't know too many real life teens who are that clever. :).
    I think that kickstarter is something too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't.. but then how much of television/tv is really based on reality.. even Reality tv is fake!

      Delete
  2. I too never watched the show but I love Kristen Bell so I wonder if I will be totally lost on the show... ok maybe I have a new/old series to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to hear the news too! Makes me want to go back and watch it all again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say I ever watched the show, but I was a huge fan of 'Arrested Developement' and am excited that a movie is being made of that show :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for this! I didn't watch the show too much, but a friend got me into it in college. Excited to see what they do with the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Kristen Bell, so it's weird that I've never watched Veronica Mars! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen Bell can do no wrong with me!! She is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about the show. but,On your recommendation, I will wait for the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen it. But, I think I've heard of it??

    ReplyDelete
  10. my sister keeps telling me to watch this...hopefully its on netflix!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography